MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Serves the same function, but mechanical rather than hydraulic pressure.
Right, but does decreasing or increasing the pressure mean the sensor is less likely to throw a code? Mine does this intermittently but it causes my Q-shifter to not function until its shut off and restarted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,700 Posts
I suspect the contacts in the pressure switch are intermittently operating. If you intend to adjust it, I'd but a meter on the plug and measure resistance when operating the clutch. For the most part when the bike is in motion the switch is open circuit, it's only when you disengage the clutch the circuit is made. I really think heat is playing a big role with this error....hence the reason for going with a mechanical switch.
So what you mean is that adjusting it out will make it so it's not turning on due to thermal expansion? Since it gets hot and expands, right?

@Panchomeneguzi that's exactly what mine does. I have to pull over and cycle the key off then on and then it will reset. Is that what the micro switch is for that you all were talking about? The switch cycles the sensor and acts like you turned the bike off and on again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts