MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the standard clutch for an SST Slipper clutch. Put plates etc all back in the same order as they came off. Put clutch cover back on and tighten springs to set torque.

Before putting engine cover back in place and filling with oil, thought I would try pulling in clutch lever in, it will only pull in about 75% of the way in and then stop. :wtf:

Looking at the clutch as I pull in the lever you can clearly see the clutch cover moving out, but looks like it is not going out all the way. :cry:

Any suggestion as to what I have missed / got wrong ? Could inverting the plates have caused this, as I am pretty sure I didn't but hey you never know...?

Thanks
:)

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
I actually just did the same thing and ran into the same problems.

After riding it around and realizing something was very wrong (and with the help of people here) i took everything apart and started from scratch. I figured out on original installation that i messed with the original drum and caused the gears inside to get out of wack. After spinning things inside, and getting the gears to line up flush with each other, you can put everything back together and you should be all set. Be sure to check the washer b/c i mangled mine up pretty good, but i did some riding before i fixed it. Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts