MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again...seems like i'm having all sorts of problems trying to get the old girl working again and latest problem is broken clutch slave nipple ..... Anyone know if i can get a new bolt to replace the broken one which has the bleed nipple on top ?

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you Donsy. Off loading the little ones on the grandparents and heading for local bike shops!
:f4:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck guys. Gonna have to order it. No one local here stocks it.
Decided to let it be and drown my sorrows at a friends impromptu bbq.
Thanks again for all your help guys. :love:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point Noel. After taking it off though won't i need to flush it or can i just put a banjo in there and she's good to go?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted! My next door neighbour biker buddy just popped round with a 10x1.25 banjo from his leftovers after upgrading his brakes on his R6. Just tested it and all good. Have the Hel banjo/nipple ordered so will fit and flush this week.
:drummer:

·
Registered
14,486 Posts
?

Good point Noel. After taking it off though won't i need to flush it or can i just put a banjo in there and she's good to go?
While you're in there might as well flush it ......

Getting ALL the old fluid old is a bit of a PITA

Remove slave, push piston all fhe way in and hold it there with a small C clamp

empty the reservoir and wipe it clean with a lint free cloth ......now the dirty/old fluid is

in the hose refill the reservoir......loosen the banjo bolt pump the M/C until you get

clean fluid.... tighten the banjo bolt....remove the clamp ...pump the piston out a ways

push it back in and clamp it again any air is now in the M/C....... point the hose end of

the M/C downhill so the return port is at the high point...... squeeze the lever repeatedly

~10mm you will hear/feel the bubbles leaving, stop when they're gone

remount everything and pump the slave back up

It's done

Have a beer

:popcorn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts