MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know if you can get these apart. My dealer said you can get the seal out and buy new but I think there are two. Does it just pull apart over a lip inside? Cheers

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
The clutch slave cylinder is just like a brake caliper....same basic function except pushing a rod instead of brake pads, and the rod pushes back.

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
There is probably a circlip that holds it together.

Remove the clip and apply a small burst of air into the bleed port.

That should pop the cylinder out.

Find a rebuild kit that looks similar to this:

1.jpg

Clean it up and put it back together.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff. I can probably attach to master cylinder and pump it out and replace. I've already got the small seal out but I thinks it's the inner that's failed. My dealer said it's daft mv provide only a new slave cylinder and no repair kit. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
Good stuff. I can probably attach to master cylinder and pump it out and replace. I've already got the small seal out but I thinks it's the inner that's failed. My dealer said it's daft mv provide only a new slave cylinder and no repair kit. Cheers.

That's good of your dealer to dis MV....find any other brand with a rebuild kit....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes all the other bikes I have you can get repair kits. But the dealer said that's the only option. It was their mechanic who suggested taking it apart and getting the seals myself. This is fine just wanted to check how to get the second seal out. ?

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Seal kits?
The MV clutch slave uses a 1 3/16" seal (no, it's not metric)
It is a master cylinder type seal
No snap rings involved
Blow the push rod seal out with an air hose :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for info, got home and blew it out. Why don't mv supply seal kit for what is a doddle of a job once you know how it works ?? thanks again chaps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Where is everyone obtaining the 19/16" seal at?
There have been quite a few threads on this over time but no one I can recall has actually found a replacement seal. Matches to Toyota and Ford products have been rumored….I believe Noel had a lead on this. I did have one made by a company that uses a cnc machine to make seals for excavator rams. For the improbable price of $25! This is the seal I'm using at the moment.

What is the condition of the cylinder bore? I have found what was presumably old chain lube deposited on the bore of my slave cylinder. The seal was inspected under a magnifying glass and pronounced as new. A clean and light hone of the slave cylinder bore and all was as good as new.

Tony

·
Registered
83 Posts
There have been quite a few threads on this over time but no one I can recall has actually found a replacement seal. Matches to Toyota and Ford products have been rumored….I believe Noel had a lead on this. I did have one made by a company that uses a cnc machine to make seals for excavator rams. For the improbable price of $25! This is the seal I'm using at the moment.Tony
I read your's and Noel's post from 2016. I came across this site but since mine is only seeping I have not pulled it apart to obtain measurements. Would you have the original's measurements by chance? That place seems to have both standard and metric seals.

·
Vendor
5,409 Posts

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Where is everyone obtaining the 19/16" seal at?
Ben;
Look at my post #9......... 1 3/16" NOT 1 9/16"

Read the numbers.......
Apparently Brembo makes these and and bead blasts the interior after machining, which fucks the surface up
then they hard anodize it and make aluminum oxide sand paper out of the surface >:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Ben;
Look at my post #9......... 1 3/16" NOT 1 9/16"

Read the numbers.......
Apparently Brembo makes these and and bead blasts the interior after machining, which fucks the surface up
then they hard anodize it and make aluminum oxide sand paper out of the surface >:)
Pretty sure 19/16ths is the same as 1 3/16ths. At least from what I recall from my 6th grade math class. :wink2:

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Pretty sure 19/16ths is the same as 1 3/16ths. At least from what I recall from my 6th grade math class. :wink2:
Go to my brake parts supplier and pull that stupid shit .......he'll throw your stupid ass out in the street>:)

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Damn that cylinder surface is BAD!!!
You should see the finish on my Aprilia RSVR slave cylinder, 5 times as bad......major chatter marks on the bottom.
Either the tool was loose or the cylinder was loose in the fixture......scary
And the radial Brembo clutch M/C was terrible too
:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts