MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a workshop manual, pictures or details of this for the B3/F3 engine

I looked at the links and downloaded a few pdf files but can't see it in any of them

Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone used any aftermarket plates and found them heavy duty and good quality?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
How ?

Great link thank you i must've missed that
Thanks Neal - and the guys who have donated some of the manuals.

I really need to know how you could not have seen the links to the manuals all over the Forum Dean, I've been trying to make them as easily available as possible for YEARS, the links are all over almost every section on this forum.
I'd like to improve this so please tell me why or how you think you still missed them, is it here on the forum or is it the/my web site, I know some mobile users cant seem to see the scroll bar to the right of the manuals section?

And get the engine manual for your 800 motor, not the F3 one.
http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals/mv-agusta-brutale-b3-675-800-rivale-engine-manual-english-ed2.pdf

Good luck, let us know if you find some improved clutch parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Neal - and the guys who have donated some of the manuals.

I really need to know how you could not have seen the links to the manuals all over the Forum Dean, I've been trying to make them as easily available as possible for YEARS, the links are all over almost every section on this forum.
I'd like to improve this so please tell me why or how you think you still missed them, is it here on the forum or is it the/my web site, I know some mobile users cant seem to see the scroll bar to the right of the manuals section?

And get the engine manual for your 800 motor, not the F3 one.
http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals/mv-agusta-brutale-b3-675-800-rivale-engine-manual-english-ed2.pdf

Good luck, let us know if you find some improved clutch parts.
Donsy you the man! Yes I think the issue was using my phone app and not being that fluent with it. Im on the work pc now and can see it easy

Either ways I have just downloaded the pdf and will go through it. Sounds silly as I have done loads of clutches over the years with mx but I just wanted to make sure the road bike wasn't too different with the slipper clutch but it doesn't have anything to do with the plates from what I can see. There are alot of smaller and larger size friction plates though compared to what Im used to!

I have adjusted the clutch at the engine side and given a fair amount of free play but it tightens up once hot and from experience its a sure sign its on its way out. I had it slipping when 2nd/3rd gear full load at low revs after 100 miles or so

What has annoyed me is I have only just had this serviced and it has a QS so I rarely use the clutch unless hard pull away from the lights etc or the occasional initiation of a rolling burn out/wheelie but I dont slip the clutch and never sit with the clutch in at lights.

Will see on the next ride out, oil didnt smell burnt so hoping I got it just in time. It still shouldnt have tightened up like it did though in my opionion

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No problem mate, I'm trying get on top of this site, the fee for the year is pretty high so I'd rather wait till it runs out before swapping to another provider, our biggest problem is the shit between Apple, Windows and Android. To get a system that does it all for a dumb arse like me is no joke.

What oil are you using Dean ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what oil i'll be using yet (as in brand) I raced with Putoline and Morris for years but dont have a preference for road bikes

I will check tomorrow what brand the shop used but viscosity is 10w/40 semi. Its a shame that the engine & clutch aren't separate as I have loads from my CRF450 but it'll be no good for this as the clutch would slip from some of the agents

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will start doing that I think Donsy for future - at the cost of the engine oil its worth it!

Thanks and the pdf is perfect, unlike the F3 one this one has the slipper clutch details

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
If you have a decent oil in there, once it changes colour towards the dark side, change it.
I use Penrite, and loved Rock Oil when I used it, PM Ade and ask him what he recommends, good shit too.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate the advise Donsy. Oil has done 250 miles since service and was black on the dip stick already

I'll pm Ade now

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick update for anyone reading due to an error from the shop sending out the wrong plates/fibres i soaked the originals back in oil. They weren't burnt or blued and i had nothing else to use anyways

I put fresh 10w40 semi synthetic oil in but more importantly i carefully smoothed the grooves on the pressure plate (first two pics)

Went out Sunday and absolutely fine! Really hoping i can get just another month or so before winter strip down and the new billet one is fitted. At £650 it's more a Xmas pressie when i have a few £££ free

The other pics though show how soft the standard basket is and the burrs already on the outer basket

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts