MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to cracking open my clutch case in order to replace the plates. I've never done it before but it was rather easy and straight forward. I noticed some marks and thought it would be a good idea to post a pic and get feedback. I assume it's normal with a bike that has 23k on it.

One thing I did notice was that a flat plate had a nice groove going around it and was very sharp to the touch. I believe this was from the spring plate grinding into it. Guessing it was the cause of my clutch issue and I was happy to see it and confirm my belief that the clutch played were having problems.

Please let me know if you see anything that pops out with the pictures. There are some marks that seem alarming but I’m guessinf it’s just wear and tear. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help and a big thank you to Alex @ GP Racing for getting the parts to me super quick.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
I see nothing wrong with your clutch basket/hub/pressure plate.
Those mark are common....now when you get deep notches worn in the basket fingers or hub splines it is time to replace.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had similar concerns in the past as my basket also had light scoring around the outer edge.

Confirmed with my dealer who advised it's pretty normal as the clearances are very tight, light scoring is nothing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks really good in my opnion; wear is minimal.
The groove in the steel disc is from the anti-judder spring; with new friction plates there is extra play again and the groove will not get deeper.

When you assemble the clutch make sure you start and end with the friction plates with the larger friction pads (if it is an original MV set).
On my clutch the back-flange is worn down 0,7mm resulting in a to small clutch pack and so I had clutch slip all the time.

A question: what bike and year is this?
It seems it has a different clutch basket compared to my F3800 (2013) of which I now the tabs can break off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts