MV Agusta Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wow @Kageira you must be hard on your clutch.!!!.....that looks like a motocross bike clutch hub after a season. Not uncommon wear, there and the basket fingers, on high mileage bikes and race bikes.
It's not the first picture I see like that. Already saw a few like this one on Turismo Veloce facebook group, without indication of the mileage. @Kageira do you use the shifter or most the clutch?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just want to add that after I drained the oil down to a proper level and about 1K miles of travel, my TVL was still quite acceptable on the clutch release. I traded it in on a '19 TVL SCS so the problem (for me at least) has been completely resolved.
Oil change also fixed for me temporarily, but issue came back

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow @Kageira you must be hard on your clutch.!!!.....that looks like a motocross bike clutch hub after a season. Not uncommon wear, there and the basket fingers, on high mileage bikes and race bikes.
Haha, I've only done 8k miles! So what's actually happened is, there was an issue (whatever the hell it was/is), which exacerbated the wearing you see in the pics.

So there would be a slipping feel then the clutch would suddenly grab and kangeroo the bike. Which is why, from the pics, it looks like I'm a clutch nutter lol.

So yeah, what I can see is those grooves causing the plates to stick, disallowing easy lateral movement (maybe springs couldnt overcome the rotational grip?) then something, maybe my reaction to the slip suddenly causes the plates to compress, grip and rotate...

Oh I dunno how to explain it, but it makes sense in my head lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's not the first picture I see like that. Already saw a few like this one on Turismo Veloce facebook group, without indication of the mileage. @Kageira do you use the shifter or most the clutch?
Primarily, I used the QS.

Issues were only apparent from moving off from a standstill (obvs with clutch)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Did your dealer total up cost of parts and labor when they submitted? Interested what it costs as I am 4 months out of warranty. Also interested in the list of parts.
Nope, not yet. Work is still underway. I will chase for a further update when they are open tomo.

You can get an idea for parts prices here: https://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products

·
Registered
582 Posts
My dealer appears to have found the root cause to my kangaroo issue. He sent some pics and you can certainly see how the condition of it can influence the kangaroo behaviour. See below:
Latest update: Warranty claim refused as "not original factory clutch" !!!

Im laughing my head off, but shocked at the same time. Dealer has to file the claim again, he reckons maybe it's the angle of the photos

oooh MV *facepalm*

·
Registered
582 Posts
FROM MV:

we confirm that warranty claim opened for clutch issue has been rejected as all Euro 4 homologation engines are already equipped with an updated clutch system and we cannot recognize any design faults.
Furthermore, we have not identified any defect that could be attributed to a manufacturing defect after evaluating the technical report provided by the official workshop.

FROM ME:

There is just over 8000 miles on the bike and it is less than a year old. I use the bike in the exact same way I used my previous Dragster, which, during it's >25,000 miles I did not have any clutch issues.

Please note that i use this bike almost every day for commuting to work and more than half the mileage is motorway miles. I hardly ever need to use the clutch. There were issues with the clutch since around 3000 miles.

I strongly advise that you guys obtain this clutch so you can investigate the fault more thoroughly. There are members in the official forum that are experiencing the exact same issue.

Finally, if you refuse to do anything about this issue, I will be forced to submit a claim to get my money back on this bike as it is clearly not fit for purpose. After all of the issues I experienced with my old Dragster over 3 years, I still had confidence to buy this updated one through the research and improvements you had claimed to make for this Euro4 model.

Please persevere to get this resolved as soon as possible, because at present, I am having to speak an extra £120 per week to travel to work. This is on top of all the expenses I am having to pay for a bike that I cannot use!

FROM MV:

<<1 day passed with no response>>

FROM ME:

Can you please supply contact details of whom I can escalate this issue to admit is truly unacceptable!

You really need to treat your customers more appropriately. I have no interest in getting anything more than what is right. The clutch is clearly faulty and I have done nothing wrong.

I should not have to suffer financially just from owning an MV

Please supply the needed details. I am also available to discuss, should you feel the need to call me +447931 XXX XXX

I look forward to a prompt response.

FROM MV:

Dear Mr. ,

as already communicated in our previous email, the warranty on the clutch of your motorcycle has been properly assessed by our technical support Dept.
This warranty can ot be accepted by Mv Agusta Motor.

FROM ME:

Hi

I am referring to an update for requested escalation contact details. I need this to be escalated.

Please respond as soon as possible with the appropriate details.

Thank you

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's a very, very long story that's still ongoing. To summarise:

-Still a lot of back and forth, including MV completely ignoring my emails
-August was a write off with factory downtime (not sure how this affects admin side)
-MV decided to offer me a "special price" on a new clutch, to which I declined
-More delays, I sent a chase up email, then quickly followed up that I had raised my complaint with European Ombudsmen
-MV quickly respond that the "trust that the issue occurred at 3k miles" and will send parts and pay for labour. They asked for address confirmation. I told them to liaise with the dealer.
-MV asked me to confirm that I am happy with the decision. I replied that I appreciate it, but will still be following through with my complaint to recoup extra money spent whilst they wasted my time (I reported the issue at 3k miles initially with dealer). Clutch got progressively worse until I took my bike in to dealer beginning of June. I have not had my bike since. I have been spending just over £200 per week to travel to work.
-MV advised that they need this to be "resolutive", I confirmed that I was not happy with the length of time and money wasted with this whole thing.
-MV went back in to hiding mode, I had to chase up again. Dealer was not contacted further to send parts to them. They still wont respond in that regards.
-MV have pretty much confirmed that they will not honour the deal they gave previously if I continue to have the issue investigated.
-MV have now put me through to their legal department, who took about 2 weeks to finally respond to me. All they have done is reconfirm that they will send me parts for free, whilst continuing to deny that the parts on my bike were faulty to begin with.
-MV's latest email from legal team states that they stand by decision that clutch has suffered from normal wear and tear at the mileage the bike is at, which and I quote is "12,000 miles". Thing is, total mileage of my bike is only 9,00 miles.
-I have told them to go back and check their records and that i appreciate that the email may have been admin error.

so yeh, still waiting on reply from them. Ombudsman referred me to UK Eropean Consumer Centre to complain. They have taken up my complaint and will be in touch with me for more details.

Kag

·
Registered
77 Posts
What a nightmare. I’m still interested in see what the costs are as I have the same intermittent kangarooing issue but mine is out of warranty.

Does anyone have recommendations for an aftermarket (or I guess MV if I want to wait 3 months) clutch kit? Is the TV clutch the same as for the 3cyc 800s bikes?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Although I have some kangarooing which is manageable I have been buying parts from MV through either Star Twin or Bike-parts-mv for me to do over the winter, I have not had to wait too long for the parts to arrive, clutch cush rubbers took the longest at around three weeks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
21 thousand miles and my clutch is doing fine. Occasionally, I get a grabbing or shuttering usually when cold a taking off. Otherwise, I think I feather the clutch out of first gear.

I have the second replacement of the clutch switch coming from Star Twin and if that doesn't fix my cruise control, then I am replacing the quick shifter sensor to an HM model.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I also ordered a clutch switch from star twin along with a adapter to keep the low beam on when I turn on my hi beam.
Once I do the installs, I may take it to the dealer and see what they can do about the grabby clutch.
I now have 14K plus so at some point it will need valve adjustment so I tend to get all the needed service done at one time rather than piecemeal.

I am also going to install a booster plug.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts