MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am truly cursed....

After literally months of waiting I have finally obtained a clutch bush from a precision engineering company who work at a glacial rate on small projects. It's gone back in only for me to discover the clutch plates are warped.

I'm trying to obtain replacements through the UK Club's good offices but it may be that I have to beg them from some other place.

ideas welcome. I am now officially suffering MV withdrawal and public transport rage is setting in......

Sheriffof0

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That's bad luck, Jon...
Maybe you need a 2nd classic MV as back up! :moped::)
I think that applies to all MVs :)

I had to suffer a wait of almost 7 months for an engine rebuild one of my 350s's! The guy building it took the attitude that he was building a works racer given the tolerances he was seeking etc etc (Dorian will testify to this) almost drove me nuts. Happily, he did an amazing job & it runs strong and better than I have ever known it to run in the last 14 years.

Given there were other MVs the wait was not as painful as it would otherwise have been.

I feel your pain Sheriff :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have not been able to ride the 350 for 9 MONTHS!
no registration or title, winter weather, and other things....
I cant take it anymore...

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the metal part of the plates is ok, they can be relined by a professional

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I have not been able to ride the 350 for 9 MONTHS!
no registration or title, winter weather, and other things....
I cant take it anymore...
Well ship it over to me, then you won't have to suffer looking at it without being able to ride it.

Gosh, I am such a selfless human being! :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keith, nice resource. Thanks. I'll hear if the club can help me out within the next day or so and if not.....

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts