MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

2008 312r clutch plates installation.

I have a question concerning the engine manual page 55 and the clutch plate parts 5 & 6 in the below diagram, part 5 looking at being the thin spring plate and part 6 being the thin plate.

the small popout diagram shows the thin flat plate (6) -Engine Side - so i am assuming thats the first part to fit, then the thin spring plate (5)

But in the text on page 61 - [clutch reassembly 2006-2007 it states
"Assemble the clutch plate holder by fitting spring "6" first with the smaller diameter facing the engine and then part "5" ]

The diagram and the text seem to be contradicting each other..

Can someone confirm which is correct ..

I would expect the pop out diagram to be correct with part "6" which is the flat thin plate on first and then part "5" which is the spring thin plate" as thats the way it came of..

Also on the same page 61 - it mentions in a box - warning
2006-7 fitted with 3 types, it mentions plate 1 has a smaller inside diameter - where actually the inside diameter is larger rather than smaller -

is the text wrong again ??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
It's always the same, just "said" twice. The smaller diameter side of plate #5 goes in 1st.
You're second guessing what you're reading.
Plate #5 and #6 look different, but always go into basket the same sequence, with #6 being the first one to go back in.
Plate #5 goes into the basket with a specific side first.
It's easy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's always the same, just "said" twice. The smaller diameter side of plate #5 goes in 1st.
You're second guessing what you're reading.
Plate #5 and #6 look different, but always go into basket the same sequence, with #6 being the first one to go back in.
Plate #5 goes into the basket with a specific side first.
It's easy.
Plate 6 = flat thin plate ??
Plate 5 = tapered spring thin plate ??

The popout drawing showing 2 thin plates - is that just relative to plate 6 or both plates..

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Paul, Dons is describing the correct sequence...as are you.

#5 is a spring plate - it goes in AFTER #6 - which is the Spring Support Plate.

The taper goes TOWARD the engine.

To state it in another way: Put #6 - FLAT SPRING SUPPORT PLATE in FIRST, then put #5 - SPRING PLATE in with the TAPER TOWARD the engine.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys

just a quickie..

Clutch plates - i see BikeTourque Racing are doing Surflex Plates at a reasonable price -

Has anybody used these , are they ok with Fully Synnthetic Oil AGIP ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts