MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know the clutch master cyl bore size and is there a rebuild kit out there that will fit the clutch master cyl on my 2004 750 brut
thanks vf

·
Registered
967 Posts
does anybody know the clutch master cyl bore size and is there a rebuild kit out there that will fit the clutch master cyl on my 2004 750 brut
thanks vf
Mine is 1/2'' ,I believe it`s the same as nissin 1/2'' brakes. If your clutch is bleeding down ,as in progressively engaging while you hold the lever in try disassembling the master cylinder and very thoroughly cleaning everything ,particularly o-ring. Did this to mine years ago and it`s been perfect ever since ,after being told only way was a new cylinder assembly at $700.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Holy smoke

after being told only way was a new cylinder assembly at $700.
Holy smoke , you can get a Brembo unit for half that price. Glad you got it sorted by yourself mate :)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
There is no rebuild kit that I know of. Cheaper alternative is to change fluid every year to keep it nice and clean.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The story I was given at the time was that they couldn`t get rebuild kits from Nissin cause some dick rebuilt his brake master cyl incorrectly and went out and smashed himself up and sued Nissin so they withdrew rebuild kits from sale.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
There is no rebuild kit that I know of. Cheaper alternative is to change fluid every year to keep it nice and clean.
The story I was given at the time was that they couldn`t get rebuild kits from Nissin cause some dick rebuilt his brake master cyl incorrectly and went out and smashed himself up and sued Nissin so they withdrew rebuild kits from sale.
wrong!

Google it;
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=motorcycles+with+Nissin+mastercylinders&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&client=opera&hs=W1D&rls=en&channel=suggest&q=motorcycles+with+Nissin+clutch+master+cylinders&oq=motorcycles+with+Nissin+clutch+master+cylinders&gs_l=serp.12..33i29.23176.30138.0.32561.8.8.0.0.0.0.1040.1675.4j3j7-1.8.0.les;..0.0...1c.1.asCkDJ5xCLs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1601ecb2d4cbd842&biw=1024&bih=563

:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I still don't see one on there either Noel, come on man, be more specific. While I have your attention, I see the guys at Yoyodyne have expanded their recon kit's for the Brembo gear.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Nissin repair kits?

Nissin repair kits;

they are available from K & L Supply
and PartsUnlimited, both sell to the trade only

J C Whitney sells K & L Supply stuff to the public

last time i talked to Fred aka Yoyodyne, no Brembo internals available

Aprilia sells seals for the garbage Brembo clutch slave, i found them for $3, its in my sticky on the AF1 Aprilia Forum (RSVR '04-'09 section)

seals for the radial Brembo clutch M/C are available.....i found them, for $3, its in my sticky on the AF1 Aprilia Forum (RSVR '04-'09 section)

BMW sells Brembo internal parts, so does KTM

most Jap bikes use Nissin stuff

you need a kit? take your M/C apart and go to a Jap dealer

your clutch M/C is 1/2" bore like on a lot of Hondas

its fucking Monday and nothing is open:wtf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts