MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2014 F4. When downshifting I feel a pulse through the clutch lever timed exactly with the gear change. Everything works fine and is not felt on upshifting. Normal or not?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bike is a 2014 F4. When downshifting I feel a pulse through the clutch lever timed exactly with the gear change. Everything works fine and is not felt on upshifting. Normal or not?
I'm not aware of this on my '13 F4 but, I will pay attention on my next ride to see if I notice it as well !?! :wtf:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. No slipper clutch installed though. I might be oversensitive but I have never felt this on any other bike with a hydraulically actuated clutch. It`s just a little pop through the lever when pulled all the way in to the grip commensurate with a down shift.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi Flyboyk, the 2014 MV F4 comes standard with a slipper clutch, MV call it a back torque limiting device. Same thing and thats what causes the little click/snick you can feel

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are right I should have put 2+2 together and realized that (back torque limiting) means slipper. I'm sure that explains the pulse or little click/nick I feel. Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts