MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding 2007 MV Agusta F41000R at COTA today and half way through the day started having clutch issues. Any acceleration above 6000-8000 rpm and engine revs to redline with little acceleration. Pulls hard until around 5000-6000 rpm. Is it time for a new clutch or any other issue it could be? Did bleed fluid with same result.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sounds like new clutch time to me

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was clutchless shifting today which I have not done much of in the past if that makes any difference. In first and second pulls wheel up in the low rpms.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
?

How many miles?

Never seen a Jap style wet clutch wear out.......

Junior has 3 NHRA National Championships with no issues......and he's making way

more HP than any MV....

Open it up and inspect it, measure friction plate thickness and look for blue spots on

the discs

Let us know what you find

:popcorn:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Check lever adjustment Rich, and if that's fine remove and measure the plates and springs as per manual.
Lever seemed fine with good range and solid acceleration from a stop. Smooth shift to neutral and 1st/2nd. Will check plates/springs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any advice on where to purchase a clutch pack?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I have new full set of clutch plates and steel spacers that fit a 1078rr b4 brutale ,but i do not know if they fit your model,mine is 6 spring, but i do not think that is your problem .get a gauge and check them.it is more likely to be your springs.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found my clutch issue. Guess I could have had a possible catastrophic failure, luckily just presented as slipping. Are the grooves in the screw pillars from the springs supposed to be there or needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the grooved tabs on he clutch fiber plates all supposed to be lined up?

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
?

Look again Rich, all the fiber plates I've seen have a colored stripe on 1 tab......

I line them up ......nothing in the manual about it.....

It shouldn't matter

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The coloured tabs are represented in assembly, check the parts list.
Replace the whole assembly Rich, that things done mate, what's the basket looking like ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Basket appeared okay, will take a better look tomorrow. Guess it is a good time to get a slipper clutch.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Higher the gear the more it'll slip. Mv have crap clutches. Amazing bikes but this area doesn't take abuse

Will probably be your pressure plate notched up where the springs shit. I've got the evr drum on mine but need an uprated pressure plate to cure my issue... Or change every 6 months... Or stop riding like a twat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts