MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help on this appreciated. There is an audible knock recently appeared when letting out clutch on last 10% of travel in 1st and second gear. I cannot detect in higher gear. I can also feel it through the left foot peg. Also seems to be a second knock immediately after first.

Initially thought chain slap but have adjusted chain so not that.

Was worried it was engine but pretty confident it is transmission related. Definitely no knock when rolling on constant throttle.

General clutch and quick shifter function all fine.

Bike is 10 years old with 28k miles now. Original chain and sprockets.

Really hope nothing too serious but any input would be great.

Cheers
Ben

·
Vendor
5,371 Posts
The click you can feel through the lever is the slipper clutch operating and is quite normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking time to comment. Slipper clutch sounds repairable. The noise is recent though, so something has changed to usual operation.
Any idea of cost to repair this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
How long is a piece of string. Without knowing what's worn or broken it's a bit hard to say. Worst case it's a new clutch. Best case some new small components. I'm not sure what type of slipper they fitted. The manual and parts list should give you a idea.

·
Super Moderator
22,488 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can not, and without a crystal ball, I can't put a price on the repair of that clutch either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is very zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance! I have looked at bike parts mv.com with those really useful schematics and each component priced so can brace myself for the bill. What price love ....?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Check the tightnes of your front sprocket nut. If loose, it will make the box knock, has happened to me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts