MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutch cable rubbing fairing & wearing thru

I've mentioned this on another thread but today after trying to smooth down the edge of the fairing that was rubbing a hole in my clutch cable I found the fairing had lost the tiny bolt that attaches fairing to frame along the bottom. At the top it has 2 press in knobs. Luckily the fairing hadn't popped off on the move somewhere as the cable catches the fairing and applies outward and inward pressure.
The bolt being gone I used a cable tie through the hole so now I can't accidentally loose fairing.
As for the cable I bought some rubber hose and split it so I could place over cable. Then I used silicon tape to bond and seal hose on.
So check your cable rub on right bottom fairing, very bad design that Mr MV, and check your bolt is still there.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aiki,
All been covered before see here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61218

It is not an issue, just needs cable clamp router turned a little.

jimboF4
Thanks for that, had a read of post.
Bit confused with "Just been out to take a look at mine and it,s not an issue. If you take a look at the cable free play adjuster on the clutch housing the forward end of the clutch cable has a metal router with an angle in its design. Just slacken the two 14mm nuts and turn the cable router a bit so as the clutch cable now completely clears the side fairing. 60 second fix."

I see the 2 12mm nuts that tension the cable where it goes into the engine. Not really seeing a metal router with an angle.
Do you have a picture of what you are referring too.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Wish I could shoot a photo, my bike is in the dealers having the throttle grip/bodies being examined.

If you look at the cable end above the clutch housing on mine the cable has a metal tube which is angled at about 30 degrees. By slacking off the adjuster nuts and realigning the metal tube you can route the clutch cable to clear any of the radiator shroud.

My bike is a July 2013 build.

jimboF4

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't think this model has the same sort of adjustment availability. The bracket is fixed in place and doesn't move.
Though maybe you mean turning around that metal cable sleeve, I see that might move it out a bit. I think I'll leave as is as I don't want it sticking out from the bike or rubbing on radiator.
Thanks for the tip though. Much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think this model has the same sort of adjustment availability. The bracket is fixed in place and doesn't move.
Though maybe you mean turning around that metal cable sleeve, I see that might move it out a bit. I think I'll leave as is as I don't want it sticking out from the bike or rubbing on radiator.
Thanks for the tip though. Much appreciated.
I think he means the cable sleeve. Mine is pointing downwards and cable seems to be just rubbing on the underside of the cowl. I think I'll turn it inwards - doesn't look like it'll take much to clear the inside of the bit that's rubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
About a 2 minute job to turn the cable adjuster so that it points inward and moves cable off the cowl. Now that I've told you you'll need a single 12 mm spanner, it'll probably only take you 1 minute.

Turning it does actually change the cable play, so I'll need to check that next time I ride.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About a 2 minute job to turn the cable adjuster so that it points inward and moves cable off the cowl. Now that I've told you you'll need a single 12 mm spanner, it'll probably only take you 1 minute.

Turning it does actually change the cable play, so I'll need to check that next time I ride.
Thanks mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts