MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:f4: I was wondering does anyone know how to put the full clutch line on. It was dissasembled and having problems with it working back together. Do I bleed it the same way as brakes to get them to work. If anyone know's how to do it, can you feel me in cause I need to get back on my bike. LAter.

:jsm: :cry: :devilsmok :f4:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
For me it is easier to first purge the line of air by gravity. I disconnect the banjo at the slave cylinder and hang it over a container. Pour the fluid into the reservoir on the clip on and let it naturally flow down until it is coming out at the bottom. Then screw the banjo onto the slave taking care not to allow much if any fluid to spill with a towel. Next open the bleed nipple and force bleed the system just like your brakes.

For me it is much harder to get a complete bleed on the clutch side if I just use the force bleed on it's own.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Not sure if that method would work for me. I'd have DOT4 all over the place!

I did it using the force bleeder.

First I suck out all the old fluid, via the bleed valve, using my Mityvac hand pump. Then, put in fresh stuff into the reservoir, draw it to the slave using the Mityvac again. Then pump at the master cylinder to get the line free of bubbles.

I had an easier go of it on the clutch compared to the front brakes.

Not sure if it works on the clutch side, but on the brake I like zip-tie the lever about 80% of it's travel to the grip overnight. Next morning, if the lever can go further in, there's still air and I'll bleed some more. If it's firm, brakes are ready to go.

Alex

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
altoon said:
First I suck out all the old fluid, via the bleed valve, using my Mityvac hand pump. Then, put in fresh stuff into the reservoir, draw it to the slave using the Mityvac again. Then pump at the master cylinder to get the line free of bubbles.
Eat your wheaties before trying this method on an MV! LOL I've even tried a pneumatic bleeder and it will still take forever and leave bubbles on the clutch side. YMMV as always.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Well everything you said I've done. For some reason the clutch is not engaging. I bled all the bubble out because none were coming up out of the small valve. You know of any problems with the clutch not engaging?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts