MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. I've been thinking about replacing my levers. However I'm finding it hard to find parts in the states.
What suggestions do you guys have or what have you switched to?

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
?

Colby;
like Ian said CRG levers are great........
want exotic stuff? check Alex at GP Racing he is in NorCal

buying from suppliers outside the US is usually stupid expensive because of their taxes

Mitch in OZ says the trade price for an Iridium spark plug is $17.......here they are 4 for
$26.84

Dave's Pirelli P-Zero front tires are $125 here, $1,000 there in NZ.......sit down, the rears are $140 here and $1,400 there

:drummer:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Colby;
like Ian said CRG levers are great........
want exotic stuff? check Alex at GP Racing he is in NorCal

buying from suppliers outside the US is usually stupid expensive because of their taxes

Mitch in OZ says the trade price for an Iridium spark plug is $17.......here they are 4 for
$26.84

Dave's Pirelli P-Zero front tires are $125 here, $1,000 there in NZ.......sit down, the rears are $140 here and $1,400 there

:drummer:
Absolutely spot on Noel ! +1

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use the "TITAX" short levers.
The quality and precision machining (CNC) is satisfactory, the functionality is flawless, but anodizing (gold) in my case is not exactly a quality as would be expected given the price.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a question regarding levers -- specifically the brake lever.

the stock levers, at least on the '13 model, dont offer the same amount of brake pressure/leverage when two-fingering it.. like only 50% of the clamping power.. as soon as i put four finger and apply the same pressure the bike(mono block brembos) has gobbs of stopping power, but two-fingering it actually scared me(moreso that grabbing too much brake) when I am forced to make quick evasive braking..

something i never noticed in any of my other bikes. ever. stock and with shorty levers(which I installed on all my bikes.)

Has anyone noticed this with the stock levers? I have been eyeing the Moto corse ones, even though i feel they are ridiculously over priced --- I just dont want to drop the money and have the same issue as the stockers..

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a question regarding levers -- specifically the brake lever.

the stock levers, at least on the '13 model, dont offer the same amount of brake pressure/leverage when two-fingering it.. like only 50% of the clamping power.. as soon as i put four finger and apply the same pressure the bike(mono block brembos) has gobbs of stopping power, but two-fingering it actually scared me(moreso that grabbing too much brake) when I am forced to make quick evasive braking..

something i never noticed in any of my other bikes. ever. stock and with shorty levers(which I installed on all my bikes.)

Has anyone noticed this with the stock levers? I have been eyeing the Moto corse ones, even though i feel they are ridiculously over priced --- I just dont want to drop the money and have the same issue as the stockers..
Maybe you need levers with adjusters like these ?

I am waiting for mine to arrive, I chose these specifically because I wanted the length adjustable and span, but they also have ratio/ pressure adjusters

http://www.designcorse.com/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-brutale-parts/mv-agusta-brutale-920-990-1090rr-y10-11-12-13/brutale-2010-levers/evo-adjustable-levers-detail

·
Registered
272 Posts
^those are pretty cool!

should have mentioned in my post that my issue with two-fingered braking is that I also choke up all the way up to the grip..if i ease back there wouldnt be a problem as my fingers would be aligned on the meat of the lever leverage..

the more i think about it, the more i think that any short lever will probably do the trick as it pulls in the levers strongest focal point of leverage closer in.. i guess i was just surprised that the curvature/ergonomics of the stock levers dont really perform while being engaged by two fingers when your hands are choked up to the butt end of the grips..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ah, well, a quick update, because I just realised those levers I ordered only work with the Brembo master cylinders not the Nissin. So I need a different version without the pressure adjusters ...oh well, try again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts