MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a squid question. When ever I stop at a light or stop sign and go from neutral into first gear on my 2010 F4, seems to make a "CLUNK" noise. It is considerably loud. I double make sure the clutch is pulled in completely. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
As a precaution, check your chain adjustment isn't too slack..

In extreme conditions slack chains can cause an excessive clucking from the transmission as first gear is engaged and the loose tension on the chain is taken up.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
?

This is more of a squid question. When ever I stop at a light or stop sign and go from neutral into first gear on my 2010 F4, seems to make a "CLUNK" noise. It is considerably loud. I double make sure the clutch is pulled in completely. Has anyone else experienced this?
your cushdrive has too much play the '10+ bikes got the cheap 'paddle' cush and it goes south quickly.....

there are a couple of threads on this

Donsy; he has a '10 completely different cushdrive allowing too much backlash......thus the big clunk

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I know Noel

your cushdrive has too much play the '10+ bikes got the cheap 'paddle' cush and it goes south quickly.....

there are a couple of threads on this

Donsy; he has a '10 completely different cushdrive allowing too much backlash......thus the big clunk
That's why I mentioned it.:naughty:

·
Vendor
5,480 Posts
You need to go and take a BMW for a test ride and push into 1st gear,then come back here and tell us which bike is worse.:naughty:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I normally blip the throttle a tad goind down the box and it seems to quieten down the clunk...

BMW
Ha ha Mitchy that's good ..or try a Laverda Jota..mind you most guys would have to do strength training on their grip to even be able to pull the clutch lever in.

joe

joe

·
Vendor
5,480 Posts
Joe,the early Triumph Bonnevilles had really stiff clutches too,your left hand grew twice the size of your right hand through muscle growth lol.Seriously fafman,what is your idle speed,a high idle will cause Clunk into first gear.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My Suzuki 600 GSXR track bike clunks going into gear when it is hot, when it is cold it does not. Does yours clunk cold or hot?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts