MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Did anyone realize that there is finally a red line on the tachometer? I like the tachometer, but I always have believed that the original yellow tach is the best looking ever...just my $0.02

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
That is a great set of photos put together by them, you can definatly see some differences between say an F4S and this bike. Good looking machines, and boy do those momoblocks look good!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah it is nice that they finally got the monoblock thing right and it's probably a good thing that they noe seem to have incorperated a c/o2 sensor into the mix, but what's up with the childlike paint scheme!?!
I'd have to have the whole thing repainted before I would be able to ride it. I mean I'm not 15 anymore and the toy like graphics just ain't doing it for me if you know what I mean. :birthday:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Does the shape of the gas tank look different for the older models - maybe more round around the edges?

Also, the gap between the exhaust and tail section looks greater. I don't think stubbier exhausts was the way to go.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Those monoblocks (i think they are the same that first came with the 1098's) fit like a glove on any F4R or 312R :D

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
F4R312 said:
Is the homologated true 1000 cc F4RR with all the same changes going to have a higher collectibility over the 1078 cc F4RR?
hmmm...... wait.... let me go get my cristal ball :toothless

·
Banned
203 Posts
Yeah but you can always buy one and put it on.

Can anyone tell me where exactly in the RPM range does peak torque come in on the 1000cc F4R? I want to compare it to the new 1078 claimed peak torque at around 8K RPM's.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Does the shape of the gas tank look different for the older models - maybe more round around the edges?

Also, the gap between the exhaust and tail section looks greater. I don't think stubbier exhausts was the way to go.
You're right about the exhausts, but I had to check against a photo of mine to be sure. I think the tank's the same as is the tail itself. I don't imagine They'd pay to tool up to produce just a slightly altered tank and tail.

Si

·
Registered
520 Posts
F4R312 said:
Yeah but you can always buy one and put it on.

Can anyone tell me where exactly in the RPM range does peak torque come in on the 1000cc F4R? I want to compare it to the new 1078 claimed peak torque at around 8K RPM's.

81.9 lb-ft @ 10,000 rpm (claimed)

don't know what it is at 8k though

tont

·
Registered
94 Posts
b42day said:
Did anyone realize that there is finally a red line on the tachometer? I like the tachometer, but I always have believed that the original yellow tach is the best looking ever...just my $0.02
This fact gives the me the impression that the increase in engine size forced MV to lower the rev limiter.
The 1000 revs past 13k, I believe it's set at +/- 13.5k
If the 1078 has the redline starting 12k, surely it's not going to do more than 13k.

If the engine revs less, that actually might be one the reasons that the max torque is reached at such a lower rpm.

Usually very revvy engines have max torque at high rpm's, while the opposite is also usually true.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Also, the gap between the exhaust and tail section looks greater.
I think the greater gap is due to the fact that it's a biposto. I've noticed a difference on previous models, including my own 312. It's definitely got a greater gap than the old 750 did.

·
Registered
604 Posts
For all of the engine/brake changes, I wish they would've used a similar dash as the 1098. I need info., plus it looks so sweet.

Why didn't they make it 40lbs.+ lighter???

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The more things change, the more they stay the same... There is a ton of stuff on that bike that hasn't changed at all since the 750 days.

Is that rear brake reservoir location old news, or is that the first time it's been there?

That slipper clutch sorta looks pedestrian, but the rollers on the center hub look like a good idea. I don't think I've seen that before. The dry clutch bikes could probably benefit from that even more. I thought MVs didn't need slipper clutches with that bleeder system they had on earlier bikes :)

I'm just amazed at how similar that still looks to the 750... Wow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts