MV Agusta Forum banner

What should i do????

• You're a tightass, buy the 750 and keep all 3 bikes.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • You're a big tightass, Buy the 910R, sell the CBR1000 and pocket half the cash from the sale.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • You're a massive tightass, Buy the 750, sell the CBR1000 and pocket all the cash from the sale.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing and create a thread that goes for 100+ pages

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gunna get a Brute.

I was after a 750 because i wanted an engine you could rev but if i can get the right price on a 910R maybe i'll get one of those instead.

I've got the cash to buy however with renovations i can't justify blowing wads of cash on another bike when i could sink it into the house.

We already have a Ducati S4R and CBR1000 in the garage. So the poll is:
a) Buy the 750 and keep all 3 bikes.
b) Buy the 750, sell the CBR1000 and pocket all the cash from the sale.
c) Buy the 910R, sell the CBR1000 and pocket half the cash from the sale.

·
Registered
325 Posts
MMMMnnnnn, hard choice!
Personally i couldn't afford to keep 2 exotics in the shed, so being the duc & the Brute are in a similar league (forgetting the Twin) I'd keep the cbr for the mandane duties! Buy the 910R & sell the duc!
The 750 would not be a good enough replacement for the duc me thinks??
But hey what would i know:jerkoff:

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Sell the house...you only need a garage anyway...spend the money in bikes, and a fridge full of ale.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sell the house...you only need a garage anyway...spend the money in bikes, and a fridge full of ale.
Mate, best idea yet, let me guess, your not married :laughing:

I miss my Brutale 750. It was a great little bike, at the time, much cheaper than the 910R. But when I got the chance to ride the 910R, it well, did everything better. So I would buy the 910R over the 750, depending on price.
Sell the CBR, buy your Mrs a present, get some ARROW THUNDER pipes for the 910R.
Money thats left over, house fix, and definately a few drinks with your mates while you all stand around the bike telling each other how fast you used to be :yo:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMMMnnnnn, hard choice!
Personally i couldn't afford to keep 2 exotics in the shed, so being the duc & the Brute are in a similar league (forgetting the Twin) I'd keep the cbr for the mandane duties! Buy the 910R & sell the duc!
The 750 would not be a good enough replacement for the duc me thinks??
But hey what would i know:jerkoff:
The missus and i both ride so the bikes aren't just for me, the Brute is really her bike but it's such a sick bike i'll ride it when she isn't :)

The reason i go for the 750 is it still has 130hp (the same as my S4R) albeit it all top end. I want an inline 4 i can rev out. With the CBR it has 150hp and on the roads it's to much power for me. For a weekend thrasher i'm not to fussed about mid range grunt. If it was a commuter, then it'd be a whole different ball game.

Can't sleep in the shed, 2 bikes + heaps of crap storing in there from us recently moving in 2 weeks ago. No heating in the shed either and it was 2c yesterday morning!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Righto, that all makes sense, ditch the cbr then & go the 750 if you want a screamer, i think you will be dissappionted in the torque though compared to the S4R.
For a comparo i was going to sell on my old japanese ducati(modded SV1000) when i bought the 910, but now i quite enjoy the low down grunt of the sv even though it's way down on HP compared to the Brute, but it's still way fun to ride wheelstand city!!
But can't go past the 910 for that top end high speed fix:mouthwate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I would buy the 910R over the 750, depending on price.
Sell the CBR, buy your Mrs a present, get some ARROW THENDER pipes for the 910R.
Money thats left over, house fix, and definately a few drinks with your mates while you all stand around the bike telling each other how fast you used to be :yo:
At this stage the dealer selling the 910R came down only very slightly slightly and it's not enough to make me jump on a plane and fly there.

I'm planning to check out the 750 this week and see what the dealer will do on price. I think it'll come down to whatever dealer gives me a deal i can't refuse.

Yeehh, wheres that option ?? i'm ticking that box!!!
Can't edit the poll options, Aaarrgghhh!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Buy 910R. Much better bike. And you can still rev it, but than again, if you rev 750 you will be fast on the road. If you rev 910R on the road, you will be frigthenly fast.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Buy the 910R, Sell the CBR1000 and put some of the cash from that in to your house renovations. You'll feel better about offsetting a depreciating toy with the an appreciating one.

·
Super Moderator
22,475 Posts
Grope, ya gotta pretty mug there! That being said, my biggest mistake (aside from marriage number two) was selling OUR 1992 ZX-11. The bike was paid for and I had customized it a bit. It was the first bike that Mrs. CR Julius, III bought for me...yes, FOR ME. We've had sellers regret for years now.

If you don't owe money on any of your rides, you have storage for all of your rides, and you have money to buy the new ride without kiiling your relationship with your family, then buy the 910R.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd get the 910R - I've just sold my F4 and replaced it with a 910R.
After I had a go on my friend's one, I was sold as it did pretty much everything I wanted from a road bike, and it was easier to ride than the F4! (I really liked the F4, but in the end also fancied a change)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I really like my 750, and can't imagine that I really need anymore power than it already has. It's fine for me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
shoe07,
i thought the exact same thing until i rode a 910R, if you have ridden one and still feel the same then thats cool but just the extra grunt of the 910R puts it in my mind in a different league to the 750, i have also ridden a 1078 back to back with my fully sorted 910R and it that case i thought it wasnt worth the coin for the upgrade.

just my 2 cents worth.

james

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
shoe07,
i thought the exact same thing until i rode a 910R, if you have ridden one and still feel the same then thats cool but just the extra grunt of the 910R puts it in my mind in a different league to the 750, i have also ridden a 1078 back to back with my fully sorted 910R and it that case i thought it wasnt worth the coin for the upgrade.

just my 2 cents worth.

james
I loved my 750S and only sold it because at the time I wanted to go back to one bike only that could do everything, including tour two-up with luggage. So in late 06 I parted with the Brute and the 1150GS and went for a K1200R. 3 years later I was ready for another Brute and got a 910R. Why? Because it was there of course. And yes it's a different ride, more torque, more hp, better brakes etc...

Two weekends ago I was sorting through some old bike mags up at the beach house and found the first review of the Brute 750S in MC mag . The journos raved about it, about its power, its brakes, its handling, its looks... I went on and found more articles, like "naked bikes shootouts" where the Brute was topping its class. Goes to show, just because they have produced a better bike (the 910R) doesn't mean the previous one wasn't good.
If you like riding in the revs you'll have a great time on the 750. I actually remember it as an easy ride in traffic, great on the road, and nimble at the track although running out of breath in the long EC straight.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the decision is a little bit of a dilemma, it's never simple for me.

The short version is the wife's Audi has done 55,000km in 16 months and has probably torn up $20k during that time. We bought a 2nd car mainly for my wife to drive and leave the Audi for weekends whilst i commute on the CBR (in the warmer weather). On the odd day i'll drive and we'll use both cars to work. The commute is 100km/day so you can understand depreciation is insane for us.

If i sell the CBR, it means my only commuting option is a Brutale or Ducati. I would opt to take the Ducati but with weekend rides included it'd mean putting 30,000km/yr easily on that bike so then that becomes worthless....

On the flip side i don't ever want to sell the Ducati, i'll turn it into a garage queen before i ever got rid of it so depreciation is a moot point. If i sold the CBR i would save $600 for rego+CTP and $200 for 3rd party insurance - $800/yr. Therefore having the Duc & Brute would make me better off providing the Duc doesn't blow up and require expensive repairs. I do the general maintainance stuff on my bikes anyway otherwise it'd cost a bomb so basic stuff is cheap.

Hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just went and checked out a 750 at a dealer. The test ride was good fun. The engine has a great mid-range, much better than the F4 750. It was a super fast bmx, can't think of many naked bikes out there which ride like a Brute :)

The downside was this was not a bike which had been well cared for. Lots of weathering on parts and spots of rust. I reckon the owner either kept it in a car port for it's life or if not, parked it outside in the rain to rot. If an owner doesn't garage it properly,chances are at 14,000km the oil has only been changed twice in it's 6yrs. Plus i hate it when i go to test ride a bike and they need to jump start it.....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well the decision is a little bit of a dilemma, it's never simple for me.

The short version is the wife's Audi has done 55,000km in 16 months and has probably torn up $20k during that time. We bought a 2nd car mainly for my wife to drive and leave the Audi for weekends whilst i commute on the CBR (in the warmer weather). On the odd day i'll drive and we'll use both cars to work. The commute is 100km/day so you can understand depreciation is insane for us.

If i sell the CBR, it means my only commuting option is a Brutale or Ducati. I would opt to take the Ducati but with weekend rides included it'd mean putting 30,000km/yr easily on that bike so then that becomes worthless....

On the flip side i don't ever want to sell the Ducati, i'll turn it into a garage queen before i ever got rid of it so depreciation is a moot point. If i sold the CBR i would save $600 for rego+CTP and $200 for 3rd party insurance - $800/yr. Therefore having the Duc & Brute would make me better off providing the Duc doesn't blow up and require expensive repairs. I do the general maintainance stuff on my bikes anyway otherwise it'd cost a bomb so basic stuff is cheap.

Hmmmmm
You are sounding more and more like Kawi.

We don't need the gory details of your decision analysis (paralysis), we just wanna see bike!
:brutale:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts