MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a quick blast around the local back roads toady. I got back home , flicked out the side stand and as i was putting the bike`s weight on it, the whole assembly spun round.

It left me with all the bike`s weight on my left leg ( luckily i`ve been gyming it up lately!! ).

Managed to get it upright and had to rest it against the wall so i could get the garage open:cry:.

No damage done thankfully. Just a small part of the casing has come away where the lower bolt goes in. Only one bolt was left holding the bracket on with about two threads.

Found some bolts to replace the awol ones and got them torque`d and loctited in. Morale of the story ` check you nuts`.:naughty:

·
Administrator
18,871 Posts
Wow...good catch!!! :jsm:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was. My garage door is one of those up and over types. There I was stood holding the bike thinking how the f**k am I going to do this.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Shit,
Im sweating just thinking about that.....
Glad ya saved it from disaster
Matt

·
Registered
852 Posts
I went for a quick blast around the local back roads toady. I got back home , flicked out the side stand and as i was putting the bike`s weight on it, the whole assembly spun round.

It left me with all the bike`s weight on my left leg ( luckily i`ve been gyming it up lately!! ).

Managed to get it upright and had to rest it against the wall so i could get the garage open:cry:.

No damage done thankfully. Just a small part of the casing has come away where the lower bolt goes in. Only one bolt was left holding the bracket on with about two threads.

Found some bolts to replace the awol ones and got them torque`d and loctited in. Morale of the story ` check you nuts`.:naughty:
Wow that must have been a butt tightening moment

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Understandable. My K75s had all but one go missing and let me tell you the stand system is rather large. Scared the crap out of me just as much when one of my front brake calipers went dangling. A driver in a convertible kindly yelled and pointed while at high speeds on Interstate 95 above NYC. I stood up to look over the front end to my horror. Shivers. Strange thing, the other one almost lost both mounting bolts. I'm positive I tightened them to spec. I think it was urban sabotage. I found a couple 'spare bolts' to swap out. Sometimes when a seemingly nut is yelling at you on the highway -- listen, he might be onto something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts