MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm thinking of replace my clip-ons with something slightly more comfortable iv tried the mod were you us the standed bars upside down buts a bit too much.
I wondering it anyone can tell me the degree of fall on the standed f4s bars as I think a slight reduction in the angle would plenty
I was looking at the Harris adjustable but they don't fit the mv 58mm fork tops
I'm sure someone will know
Regards andy:f4

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Ferracci bars work for me.
You need good "core" strength to support your body.
Using your legs to grip the tank.
Takes the strain off your arms/wrists.

Ed:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
You guys running adjustable bars, how about clearance with the front fairing and gas tank. I looked at my 2007 F4 and there doesn't appear to be much room for moving things around.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Eric;
look at the video in my last post :drummer:
I watched the video but am interested in actual MV F4 info, not a general caveat about possibly mods needed. Wondering if anyone here has needed to replace cables/brake lines and what range of adjustment fits within the stock tank/fairing envelope.

Eric

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Eric;
I'm sorry the video I looked up didn't provide you with all the info you want........

look it up yourself....or is that to much work?:stickpoke

Donsy;
contact Apex, they make custom stuff for the Factory Teams making 58mm clamps is a few clicks in the program

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Eric;
I'm sorry the video I looked up didn't provide you with all the info you want........

look it up yourself....or is that to much work?:stickpoke

Donsy;
contact Apex, they make custom stuff for the Factory Teams making 58mm clamps is a few clicks in the program
Yes Noel, a know, we've been down this road before remember, those few click's more than doubled the price, that's why I went for the options I listed.

Erik there's not much room as you know, in most cases it's a case of measure and twist before you drill the locating pins for the new bars. You don't need new cables or hoses.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Donsy;
me I'd toss some 55mm ones in my lathe and make them into 58mm's

simple ........1.5mm doesn't mean squat in this case :drummer:

and I don't use the DOT locating pins either.......none of my bikes have them.....torqued and safety wired......saves on levers......not on race bikes though

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tried a few different makes / models and found that you really couldn't get much adjustment from alternate clip ons due the the tank, front fairing, steering locks and limited clearance for the throttle, switch gear and levers. Ended up going back to the factory ones.

However, it may have been my fat ass wrists and thumbs getting in the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
G,day you might have already purchased a set of new bars , I flipped my bars over moving left to right and right to left this has the effect of changing the angle to a better riding position . regards banjo.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
G,day you might have already purchased a set of new bars , I flipped my bars over moving left to right and right to left this has the effect of changing the angle to a better riding position . regards banjo.
I have now turned "back" three sets of bars which were done like you mentioned, I rode the bikes, it's f...kin awful, I have no idea how you can ride your bike like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Once I flipped the bars over, the height at the end of the bars moved about 15 to 20 mm higher. this produced a flatter riding angle, I also raised the bars to the highest point on the stanchions just under the top yoke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts