MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just received a click-bait PM from user Dati2979.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
225 Posts
Me too. Invite was something along the lines of gorgeous people from around the world want to connect with me.

Promptly deleted without clicking on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Something like that hit me the second I logged on...didn't look, won't bother and thanks for the heads up...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Important message to you!
Quote:
Attractive people from all over around the world would love to get to know you. Join now to meet your special someone, create a strong relationship and build your future together!

JOIN NOW!

So they DONT want to get to know me ?????????

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Many users got this spam private message yesterday. Like over 1000 before the spammer was banned by a moderator. Web site owners and admins have been alerted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, i got one too yesterday. Deleted it immediately, ‘cos it was screaming scam/phishimg..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Reactions: falcn

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Spam Bots resolved.

Just Got this message from Admins:

Hey guys. I did some checking and over the last 24 hrs, almost 2k bot accounts were registered for the site. Something was wrong with the human verification which we have now fixed. Also in good news, the anti-spam measures on the site blocked and deleted all but a handful of these accounts, one of which was the perpetrator of this flood of PM spam.

All remaining spam bot accounts have been banned. If anymore PM spam comes through or you get reports, let us know.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Can the mods add a specific 'report' option for spam? Some other forums i am on have this and makes it easy.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Just Got this message from Admins:

Hey guys. I did some checking and over the last 24 hrs, almost 2k bot accounts were registered for the site. . .
That's great news!!

So we have two thousand fewer members than we thought? Two thousand fewer owners and potential owners?

Friggin' brilliant. Makes our bikes even rarer:smile2:. Mine's just increased in value by £1,500.0:)

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Can the mods add a specific 'report' option for spam? Some other forums i am on have this and makes it easy.
Look in the lower left corner under your profile box. There is a triangle symbol with exclamation mark inside. Click on that and you report the post.

·
Registered
131 Posts
still no word if they will take ugly people

1 - 19 of 19 Posts