MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Sunday while i was out riding with a few friends I realized that the front head light which is made of glass could break if a rock that gets kicked up by a bike in front of me. Does anyone know where I can get a clear head cover.? Do they even make one? Or is this some super strong glass that's bullet proof

·
Registered
215 Posts
trust me i know the glass is not bullet proof, not even stone proof, i received a nasty chip about two weeks ago, it's cracked the glass as well, you can't buy the glass separately, the whole unit it £565.00 plus fitting, i don't know of any covers out there but if you find one let me know,,p.s stay away from the back of aprilla tuono's.:cry:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see they have it for the F4 but how about the Brutale? I seen in pictures what looks like a cover for when your on the track but it look black. If someone has the equipment to make these I'd buy one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
that looks to me like that venture shield stuff, it's supposed to be good really, but it's just like thick polythene. your right the picture is to small. to tell.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a Ducati ST3 put 2 stones right through the glass a while back - following him on some fresh chip seal. It took two tries to get a replacement - first one come from UPS totally shattered inside the box, the 2nd was OK. Final price $600 for the replacement.

Since then I have applied the pre-cut flexible lexan type clear plastic protector currently sold on ebay as INVISIGARD. It was hard to apply properly but in the end does the job.

BTW the kit includes pre-cut pieces for the tank which also worked OK.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a Ducati ST3 put 2 stones right through the glass a while back - following him on some fresh chip seal. It took two tries to get a replacement - first one come from UPS totally shattered inside the box, the 2nd was OK. Final price $600 for the replacement.

Since then I have applied the pre-cut flexible lexan type clear plastic protector currently sold on ebay as INVISIGARD. It was hard to apply properly but in the end does the job.

BTW the kit includes pre-cut pieces for the tank which also worked OK.
Bought the same kit on eBay. That piece for the headlight was really hard to put on nicely due to that bump near the top half of the glass. I think I've seen someone here selling a MV Corse one a while back. I wonder if that one works better?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it

I talked a guy named Dutch over at Stickcity.com. He directed to the website below and was able to make me just the headlight part. They are on the west coast and I'm on the east so with shipping it was about $50.00 . They offer two mill sizes i got the thicker one 20 mils. I'll let you know how it works out. Since their site is not up datd you have to call them. 818 905 5678

http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/pattern_search.asp#Results
:brutale::yo::guitarist

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ventura the packrack people use to make a hard polycarbonate moulded cover . Picked one up the day I got the bike. Lasted about 3 months because the headlite lens fell off . Lens was replaced under warranty then got a chip in it 1 week later, but they had ceased production of the cover. I'd just watch the Ebay type auctions and buy one to get the lens. I've got two spares now. My chipped lens fell out after 9 months. :wtf:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just fitted polycarbon cover same as car headlight cover MV dealers have them in Australia cost around $60
Looks ok

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't seen any in the states. Hopefully this stuff i got coming works.I may have to ask you whats the dealers e-mail address so i can see if they would ship to the th US

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dealer in Australia

I haven't seen any in the states. Hopefully this stuff i got coming works.I may have to ask you whats the dealers e-mail address so i can see if they would ship to the th US
Here is web page of shop where I got the headlight cover it came with sticky velcro dots but I ended up using silicone it looks and fits much better
Lorne
www.prestigemotorcycles.com.au
or
www.motoarenagc.com.au

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Lonre,

After just breaking my headlight due to rock damage I'm holding off installing the new one until i can find some form protective film for it.

I've emailed Prestigemotorcycles, will see what they come back with.

Cheers,

dave.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hehhe it's already bug smeared :p

Same as mine! But mine was made in Aus. Mine cost me $100 Australian. Whole lot cheaper than a new unit!!
I've still got the velcro tabs on but might go the silicon cos they are sticky but pull them a bit and the tab comes off instead of the velcro

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got my 20 mil plastic piece from stickercity the other day and installed it today. Very easy to do and it conforms to the headlight with a little heat. I used a hair dryer to conform it, was afraid a heat gun might overheat the plastic or crack the headlight. End result is it looks pretty good and not easy to notice. I'll post a picture at some point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts