MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Ive ordered my nice new MV Course Ti pipes for the 990R...

The headers are a but rusty looking and i cant go installing nice new pipes without getting this looking a bit better :) I found this post (below), which looks like a good idea... and i can try on a bit of pipe that you cant see.. but does anyone else have anything else to add or a better suggestion?

maybe try this.

on my 2010 brute my exhaust cans the stock ones started to rust from being in the rain.

used some scotchbright pads, and some wd40 as a lubricant and basically go with the direction of the brushed finish you want the "brushing" to go in. a little bit of elbow grease and some time and you will have a back to stock finish. it won't "polish" it to a mirror finish but will give it a very find matt or brushed look, i think this is what you are going for. obviously if after that you want a polished loolk you can use a polish or a finer steel wool if you want to get the affect you want but i have a feeling scotchbright by 3m pads is what youa re looking for. the "non scratch" version of the scotchbright pads won't work, you have to get the "heavy duty" versions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could get them Ceramic coated.
Yea i was thinking of that as well... i wonder what colour would look best? The company i would look to use has these options. I dont really want a high polish look as that would not go with the MV Corse pipes...

Galv-Look?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
POLISHED,cost me 200 dollars ,keep on spraying wd 40 on them ,still look great and going a touch blue.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK.. was speaking the company and they have a new colour called 'titanium' which is pictured lower left... I have a feeling that none of these are going to match up with the colour of the stainless on the pipes tho.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Understand what you mean.On a F4 the pipes are hidden and colour is not as important as a Brutale.Polishing as Eddy has mentioned might be the go.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Understand what you mean.On a F4 the pipes are hidden and colour is not as important as a Brutale.Polishing as Eddy has mentioned might be the go.
Yep - i think so. Cheers for the input guys.

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
You can ask for a sample of the coating to compare to your pipes.
That's what I did.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I put mine in the glass bead blasting machine and then used different grade polishing mops (kit I bought from ebay for about £20) came up nice and still look good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts