1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Mint:mouthwate

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
OMG - I think if you live your life as good person when you die you to place where God gives one of those MVs and you can ride it evey single day all day long :)

That is the true meaning of heaven :yo:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Really nice to see the Team Obsolete MV's running. When was this event held ?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really nice to see the Team Obsolete MV's running. When was this event held ?

Not sure exactly when this was recorded haupti. I subscribe to 'shineysideup's' channel on YouTube, and he posts some amazing bike related videos. I'm guessing in was at one of the Barry Sheene Classic Road Race Festivals which are held there each year in June or July.

There'll be a large contingent of 'classics' at Olivers Mount this weekend too, I suspect. It's the 60th anniversary of the Gold Cup races.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Not sure exactly when this was recorded haupti. I subscribe to 'shineysideup's' channel on YouTube, and he posts some amazing bike related videos. I'm guessing in was at one of the Barry Sheene Classic Road Race Festivals which are held there each year in June or July.

There'll be a large contingent of 'classics' at Olivers Mount this weekend too, I suspect. It's the 60th anniversary of the Gold Cup races.
Thank You very much. My question was because I just spoke last week with a friend, who knows Mr. Ianucci, about the remaining of the Team Obsolete MV's. According to our sources did Mr. Ianucci leave AHRMA a few Years ago and is so not allowed to race in vintage bike races in the US. So I wonder about the status of the Team Obsolete MV Agusta's and will try to get in contact with Mr. Ianucci. In my eyes is it a shame that we can not see his bikes, and he has around 15 factory racers, on track anymore. Thats why it would be very interesting to know when this event was held.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
great footage. An impossible dream of mine is to own and ride a factory race bike, even a small capacity bike.

It would be good to know what has/is happening with the Team Obsolete bikes. I was flicking through the Moto MV Agusta book by Colombo & Patrignani and came across reference to the Team Obsolete bikes which indicated they had been raced by El Ghamyan ( half of Team Obsolete) and David Roper "who it is said managed to wreck much of the teams collection with his impetuous racing style". This is before the fallout between the Team Obsolete owners.

the book also indicates some of the bikes were sold as part of the resolution between the owners.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I think that footage may be from Duke Video's Multi-Cylinder Magic DVD filmed in the summer of 1995.

http://www.dukevideo.com/Bikes/DVD/Classic-Bikes/Multi-Cylinder-Magic-DVD.aspx

Great footage! :yo:
Thank You for the info ! That is explaining a lot.
Has anyone a clue what happened to the Team Obsolete MV Agusta Collection. In my eyes was the 2006 Mid-Ohio event the last event where a 500 Tre was driven by Agostini. None of the Riders as Read, Redman,.. has any contracts, since a long time, with the team.
I saw the Team Obsolete 500 last time at the Stamford Museum in 2008.
According to Cathcart's "Sale of the Century" vent all factory race inventory to Iannucci and his Partner.
How comes that Seniore Elly has some of them in Italy.
Seniore Castelli has the 350 Sei and a 500 Tre.
Did Team Obsolete sold them to Italy anywhen around the millenium change ?
What happened to the rest ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Classic MV Racing Videos

No problemo haupti. ;)

Multi-Cylinder Magic is a great DVD. If anyone has any DVDs, videos or links to similar footage, please post it up. I'm slowly but surely building a collection of MV Racing Videos and always on the look out for stuff I haven't seen. :)

·
2,156 Posts
Has anyone a clue what happened to the Team Obsolete MV Agusta Collection. In my eyes was the 2006 Mid-Ohio event the last event where a 500 Tre was driven by Agostini. None of the Riders as Read, Redman,.. has any contracts, since a long time, with the team.
I saw the Team Obsolete 500 last time at the Stamford Museum in 2008.
According to Cathcart's "Sale of the Century" vent all factory race inventory to Iannucci and his Partner.
How comes that Seniore Elly has some of them in Italy.
Seniore Castelli has the 350 Sei and a 500 Tre.
Did Team Obsolete sold them to Italy anywhen around the millenium change ?
What happened to the rest ?
H, the rumour is the Mr Iannuci is building / restoring the MV 500 GP Boxer which was supposed to be MV next generation GP bike, the engine apparently only ran on "the bench':jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:and......some pics of Mr E and Mr C; had the pleasure of there company a few years ago:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts