MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I did go to the race track, as was the plan all along when purchasing the bike from the Scuderia in SF. I loved the sounds and the acceleration, and the range in the upper rpms (a different world compared to my other bike, a BMW F800GS which has a tractor motor by comparison). On the race track, coming down the hill at Thunderhill with just about 100mph, and about to slow down for a 90 degree left hand turn, I could see how the pin of the clamp holding up the front brake to the handlebar rattled itself lose, and came off. I shifted down to 3rd and 2nd gear, that did the trick, I didn't crash, and got off the track immediately. "Fixed" the now missing clamp with zip ties since. That works just fine, just looks a bit out of place on an MV.
Anyone else had that issue before? Any recommendations how to get to a new clamp? I really didn't want to buy a new brake cylinder altogether, it's really just the clamp and pin missing.

·
Super Moderator
2,797 Posts
Hi guys, so I did go to the race track, as was the plan all along when purchasing the bike from the Scuderia in SF. I loved the sounds and the acceleration, and the range in the upper rpms (a different world compared to my other bike, a BMW F800GS which has a tractor motor by comparison). On the race track, coming down the hill at Thunderhill with just about 100mph, and about to slow down for a 90 degree left hand turn, I could see how the pin of the clamp holding up the front brake to the handlebar rattled itself lose, and came off. I shifted down to 3rd and 2nd gear, that did the trick, I didn't crash, and got off the track immediately. "Fixed" the now missing clamp with zip ties since. That works just fine, just looks a bit out of place on an MV.
Anyone else had that issue before? Any recommendations how to get to a new clamp? I really didn't want to buy a new brake cylinder altogether, it's really just the clamp and pin missing.
Hi Jim, could you add a photo of the suspect 'clamp' - we're not sure if you mean the actual clamp or the pin etc.

Cheers

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 2 of 2 Posts