MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody and merry Christmas!!

I wanted to share with you one weird moment with brutie and ask if that's normal. So I hadn't ridden her for about two weeks. Took her for a short ride to the grocery store, and when I came out I found her like a little baby that had peed itself, over a small "pond" of fuel.. Apparently it was overflow, but I wanted to double-check with you, and ask if this is common (when overfilling the tank for example) or if this has happened to anyone else?

conditions:
1. hadn't ridden for two weeks, so bike was cold.
2. rode first for 5 mins to the gas station to fill up the tank. the guy filled the tank to the very top but they have done this many times before and nothing like that happened before (maybe that was because everytime i was filling it up to the max, i was riding for long distance n wasn't leaving the bike on the stand?)
3. after gas station rode for 2-3 mins to the grocery store and parked (with full tank), on a normal and non-steep surface (bike was under sunlight. dont know if that matters)
4. 5mins later I came out and found all that leakage under my bike.
5. moved her away from the little "pond" and after a while she started leaking again! when I put her in upright position, the leaking stopped.
6. rode home (another 5-10 mins) and no more leaking now.

p.s. - I attached some pics with the leakage (that big black spot on the ground came from my bike) and few pics showing where it was leaking from

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
The sun heated the full tank. The fuel expanded and leaked out the overflow.

Things are good.

Merry Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
Will do!
Ride safe~!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow, you actually trust a gas station attendant to fill your tank? If the tank is inadvertently overfilled, spilled,expanded etc. , the fuel will either drain to the charcoal canister (if you got one) or simply drain out your overflow hose. Fuel sitting in the charcoal canister can eventually cause problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, you actually trust a gas station attendant to fill your tank? If the tank is inadvertently overfilled, spilled,expanded etc. , the fuel will either drain to the charcoal canister (if you got one) or simply drain out your overflow hose. Fuel sitting in the charcoal canister can eventually cause problems.
They don't really let you fill it yourself here, but from now on I will be more persistent; Thanks for the advice! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts