MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm posting this here even though the wheel is off a little scrambler bike and not MV !

This is because we are seeing more and more products in all aspects of life coming into UK/USA from China.

I don't have any doubt that in the future Chinese products will be up there with the best...and I am sure there are some excellent production facilities in China...but which is which ? How would you know ?

There are clearly QC issues with this wheel.

The spokes simply detached from the threaded nipples ..Mileage from new 1/3 mile.

Be careful when you are buying shiny aftermarket parts like brake and clutch levers and fuel fittings etc from China..

I won't even mention bearings...

joe

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
As long as they can sell cheap crap, there is no need for them to upscale on QC. And if they ever come to invest in quality engineering and manufacturing they will outprice themselves. Problem solved.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Joe

Can you please add this to the "Problems with the F4 MY 2010" thread?

I hear MV have signed a deal with a Chinese company so now at least we can blame it all on them! :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I remember reading somewhere prior to the release of the 2010 F4 that certain manufactured parted were being sourced from China.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I remember reading somewhere prior to the release of the 2010 F4 that certain manufactured parted were being sourced from China.
I don't like to edit other people's input directly so this is maybe what Cash_Dawg should have said:

I remember reading somewhere prior to the release of the 2010 F4 that ALL manufactured parts were being sourced from China.

:)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
that pic brings back memories Joe.........well actually maybe not, I remember shifting into top but not the prang

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that pic brings back memories Joe.........well actually maybe not, I remember shifting into top but not the prang
I remember my first lesson in adjusting derailleur gears on my racing bike...The changer pulled straight into the rear wheel spokes. I went over the bars and bit on the front wheel spokes...I can still remember the taste...

joe

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
As long as its made up to spec and MV inst falling down on QC then its fine. With goods sold my big brands they might be making it in China but they are in charge of the engineering and the final sign off.

The real issue is the ebay stuff, nobody knows who makes it and nobody is really responsible in the long run if it fails.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
As long as its made up to spec and MV inst falling down on QC then its fine. With goods sold my big brands they might be making it in China but they are in charge of the engineering and the final sign off.
True , but in my opinion the overall build quality of the new F4's isn't as high as the previous.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I work for a company that has a facility in China. It is not up to the quality standards as the US plant. It has nothing to do with the wages and everything to do with the mentality of the workers. They just dont care. They'll push through wrong things even though they know its wrong.

As long as the chinese companies doing MV work are only making plastics then I'll feel happy good time. China makes awesome plastics. I know this because I had the opportunity to tour several Chinese plastics plants. Most of them are cleaner than alot of doctors offices Ive been in.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it's not fair to slight the whole of China as it is a vast country...Lots of new names and reputations not yet built...So if I were to buy for example a bearing made in China..how could I know if it is a good one.

Sometimes I wonder if a percentage of the hub failures are down to rubbish bearings getting into the supply chain..

joe

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good question joe.........but I can tell you in my experiences that recognizeable name brand Chinese bearings are better than slovakian bearings.

And when you buy SKF bearings you cannot be sure which plant they came from........you have to specify if its important to you that the box must say "Mfg in XXXX"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts