MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was cleaning around front of my bike and wow, Chinese bearings, am I seeing this right?

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I guess that half your bike is chinese :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
It says 中國軸承

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marked "SKF Explorer CHINA" and some other numbers and letters. I was expecting Bones Swiss Ceramics like on my longboards.

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
OK fair enough.So MV are cutting costs.That might come back and bite them in the arse,but the bearings will probably outlast the warranty period.:jsm:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Fwiw my French front wheel bearings were notchy at 12000kms. The Chinese replacements from SKF have racked up 32000kms now with no issues. Checked every tyre change and service.

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
Jon,as we know the chinese copy everything these days.You can buy INA bearings from China,quality who knows without testing.With my hubs I don't take any chances and buy all my bearings from Noel's mate Charlie at CBR Bearings in America.Japanese for me.:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
We should not be surprised as a lot of products are mfg in Asia due to lower labour cost and sometimes access to better technology for manufacturing.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Didn't word that properly, purchased from SKF, with SKF markings, so one would expect that they have the necessary QC in place.
SKF have manufacturing sites all over the world. Their steel, Their machines, their quality control system. No problem.

There is a lot more Chinese componentry on a post 2009 MV Agusta than previous years.

The wheels and the fuel pumps I have seen first hand with Chinese QC marks.

Have a look at the welding on the frames..It's changed a tad since 2009

It is " Manifest destiny" :smoking:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts