Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
well, im touched you guys enjoy my work. that album (which was my last) took about 2 or 3 years to complete. each song (all 21) are about a real event or emotion that took place in my life during an extremely turbulent time. i got pretty far (relative to other indie acts) -on my own efforts- in the music biz, and was on the verge of 'making it' (you can even see me in Rolling Stone magazine - Wedding Crashers issue). unfortunately I didnt know the right people and things changed in my life, I retired the mic. the music lives on in that album however, many timeless songs that I think are as good as any "star". success to me is when people like yourselves can be touched in some way. and thus, in a way, I have 'made it'. thank you.

(admin, please move thread to kitchen sink)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Triple Seven said:
well, im touched you guys enjoy my work. that album (which was my last) took about 2 or 3 years to complete. each song (all 21) are about a real event or emotion that took place in my life during an extremely turbulent time. i got pretty far (relative to other indie acts) -on my own efforts- in the music biz, and was on the verge of 'making it' (you can even see me in Rolling Stone magazine - Wedding Crashers issue). unfortunately I didnt know the right people and things changed in my life, I retired the mic. the music lives on in that album however, many timeless songs that I think are as good as any "star". success to me is when people like yourselves can be touched in some way. and thus, in a way, I have 'made it'. thank you.
what a wonderful post
you can really see the feeling you put into your music in your caring and thoughtful words here

you HAVE "made it," my friend..... i can PROMISE you that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
187 Posts
Triple Seven said:
i got pretty far (relative to other indie acts) -on my own efforts- in the music biz, and was on the verge of 'making it' (you can even see me in Rolling Stone magazine - Wedding Crashers issue). unfortunately I didnt know the right people and things changed in my life, I retired the mic.
Wow, must be hard to "retire the microphone". I was playing myself for many years and we were at a point were we had to decide to either do it professionally or quit doing it. We were playing as support act for Molly Hatchet when I realized that this is not the career I wanted to pursuit. These guys were wrecks (20 years ago). But I still miss it.

So if you would allow Greg to put some of your work in the Media Section, that would be really great.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's the same thing for a lot of professions where you have to be "discovered" to get anywhere I think.

It's amazing how many fast racers we have in this country which just didn't have all the combinations of right things to get signed and move on.

I used to work with musicians, both local and not, and I saw the same thing. There are guys out there just begging to be discovered that have more talent than a lot of people you hear everyday on the radio. These people are in every town you go to.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I can probably put a website back online as I took down what I had previously. I of course would not mind if someone shared the songs in any way they want in the meantime. that is why they are made to share the stories. i definitely wont take money for it though. i much prefer to give it away at this point, plus that way if someone doesnt like it (such as anything in life) nothing was lost. thanks again for the kindness.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Triple Seven said:
I can probably put a website back online as I took down what I had previously. I of course would not mind if someone shared the songs in any way they want in the meantime. that is why they are made to share the stories. i definitely wont take money for it though. i much prefer to give it away at this point, plus that way if someone doesnt like it (such as anything in life) nothing was lost. thanks again for the kindness.
i have given money to a few charities in the last week, that benefit children....
i do that all the time..... as i am a pediatrician
plus, i treat those who cannot afford to pay.... and, in some ways this helps as well

Robert has asked me to do this in exchange for his AMAZING CD....
it was a wonderful thing to ask..... and nothing could be easier (or more important) to do

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Triple Seven said:
That would be great, thanks :friday:
Let us know when the album is availiable, online or something :yo:

·
Registered
593 Posts
spalding12 said:
i have given money to a few charities in the last week, that benefit children....
i do that all the time..... as i am a pediatrician
plus, i treat those who cannot afford to pay.... and, in some ways this helps as well

Robert has asked me to do this in exchange for his AMAZING CD....
it was a wonderful thing to ask..... and nothing could be easier (or more important) to do
you show true character, no one gets my respect more than people who help kids

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
JamesC said:
777, could the songs be posted to the media section here?
Yes I'd like to hear them too. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ok. Sorry for the delay. Domain transfer took a few days. I just put up a brand new site and everything is live. Located at http://www.chillious.com where you can download the entire album. Dont expect to be blown away however, I think my friends here are being very kind with their reviews. But it is what it is as they say. Enjoy.

Robert

·
Registered
878 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Ok. Sorry for the delay. Domain transfer took a few days. I just put up a brand new site and everything is live. Located at http://www.chillious.com where you can download the entire album. Dont expect to be blown away however, I think my friends here are being very kind with their reviews. But it is what it is as they say. Enjoy.

Robert
Very Kewl!!!
Is that your voice?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Triple Seven said:

Robert
AWESOME!!! :highclap:

Mad props Robert, and no they were not being very kind :smoking:
You do have loads of talent and the album rocks :yo: :yo:

I hope someone connected to the music industry can help you promoting it like it should.
Anyone here? :)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
BTW, can i post the link to your site at will and make some publicity (just show it to friends out there) to your album at will, or do you want it to be restricted?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts