MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I find myself in the MV store in Chile...
In short, I could not believe the collection of MVs, Bimotas, Cagivas, and Husqs they have on the floor.

A tour through the maintenance shop revealed several Italian (and European) bikes from the 50s. Some were meticulously restored to their original form. The manager informed me that they are planning to open a motorcycle museum. And yes, some were for sale.

I was very impressed to see the modifications made to the MVs (utilizing Corse parts). It was also refreshing to see Bimotas (Tesi 3D, SB6 & DB7) with wear marks on the tire all the way to the edge. Obvioulsy someone knows how to enjoy these bikes properly.

The smallest portion of the store was the retail clothing. But even this area had the MV racing leathers and helmets, and substantial selection of Italian leathers. In addition, they had the MV Corse bike luggage (first time I´ve seen this). I learned that the 2009 F4 was available in metallic blue, not sure how many of these reached the States.

An interesting fact I discovered was that Bimotas come with a 1 year factory warranty. Why do US sold Bimotas come with 0 warranty?

If you find yourself in South America, make you way towards the motorcycle shops. They are all located on the same 1/4 mile stretch. And they do allow lane splitting.

Didn´t have my camera, but next week I´ll be back to the store and post some pics of the modified MVs.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Very cool - would be interested to know how their prices compare to US stores etc :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts