MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some info on the Chicago Area MV or Italian dealership? Mainly the Service Dept. I am taking out my Water impeller and need the oil side seal replaced. I would do I would do it myself but after talking to a couple of dealers it sounds like the seal Is not a typical Rubber seal (mechanical?) anyways I was going to ship it off to FBF but if the service Dept in the Chicago area is good then I will drive it over and mess around in Chi town for a few.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Al....DIY....not that tricky....or send it all to me and I'll do it for you.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do that. The only worry I have is this mechanical or whatever seal. One service guy said it needed a bonding type agent of some kind when putting the seal that goes between the oil and coolant. Either way Let me see if I can source all the seals and go from there!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed I got everything apart. And going to order all the seals today and maybe the shaft. A few service guys said the shaft usually gets a nick in them that allows the oil around the seal. Im not sure why FBF said that one seal had a some sort of bonding agent for it. All the bearings and seals popped out excet the one directly behind the impeller it must have gotten hot I am still scraping rubber off that part.

I will post a DIY for it and see what you guys think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts