MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my 'new' 2000 F4 soon, after having been out of the riding scene for a few years. Would enjoy meeting some fellow MV owners in the area (I live in Elmwood Park). My old riding buddies have since moved on to somewhat safer waters, i.e. boat ownership and the like. Of course, it would help quite a bit for it to NOT be 40 DEGREES, too. :freezing:

Anyone ever got time for some MV conversation and a bite some Sunday morning, drop me a note: [email protected]

BTW- used to be Highland House in Highland Park was the setting for the big Sunday morning crowds, but has since closed and I have no idea what's replaced it?

Keith

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
hmm....well i'll be there for the week of July 4th. If something happens around then I could try to stop by (but will be bike-less).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep, I think Im going up for the summer (tired of the scorching hot summer/rainy season), plus you cant get a beef sandwich down here anywhere! Definately have to get a windy city mv gathering going.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ahhgooosta said:
Nah, Johnnies Beef in Elmwood Park. The best anywhere...
Yep, my wife went to Concordia University, just down the street from Johnnies........they have one in Arlington Heights now.....its the first thing I do after I get off the plane......head for Johnnies! Mr Beef, Portillos, Carms, Al's, are all good, but Johnnies is KING!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Way better. Portillo's is just a mom-and-pop that turned into a big chain. Loads of locations. OK chow but a chain just can't pay attention to detail the way a small shop does.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gladio- Not even sure where that is, Kettle Morraine area. Used to ride around the ILL/WI border on my VFR800 a few years ago, out to Galena and back, that sort of thing.

Wisconsin does have some nice roads, that's for sure.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Gladio said:
Kettle Morraine state forest runs about from Alpine Valley up to Elkhart Lake. I live near the southern unit in North Prairie.
Yep, great roads, used to have a place in Delavan area.
Hey Jack, wont the universe implode if there are 2 Gladios in such close proximity to each other when im back in Chicago for the summer? :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts