MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, whist I'm dealing with the sprocket issues, it's high time to check rear hub etc. I've got the hub about and checked the condition of the roller bearings and the ball bearing and they all seem nice and smooth.

But I just wanted to chuck up a couple of pics and ask a couple of questions please :) note 2nd gen bike

1. Other than bearings rolling smooth and other parts looking in good condition... what else should I be checking?

2. Is there a specific grease recommended to re-grease the roller bearings? (Pic below of the grease I have 'in stock')

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Simon.
Regarding the correct grease to repack your bearings with may I suggest you have a look at your maintenance manual.
If the bearing is showing signs of wear I have a spare bearing or two here.

Ciao,
Dave.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi Simon,

Looks pretty good with the double roller MY10 set up. There is a sealed bearing on the wheel side just out board of the roller bearing ..Check that too for smoothness if you haven't already ( I'm sure you have ! )

I've read that it is important not to mix grease types..The manual should show you what was in there but I'd wash out the needle rollers and regrease to spec . The sealed bearing is just that of course,,,sealed !

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
People need to be aware that this is a second generation hub, please add this in your original post Simon.
You can use any applicable grease, as long as you clean out all of the original grease on the needle roller bearings.
Replace the sealed bearing if it's due according to the manual, were it mine I'd replace it if possible regardless.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People need to be aware that this is a second generation hub, please add this in your original post Simon.
You can use any applicable grease, as long as you clean out all of the original grease on the needle roller bearings.
Replace the sealed bearing if it's due according to the manual, were it mine I'd replace it if possible regardless.
Thanks guys.. what do you wash the roller bearings with? I take it they don't need to come out of the hub todo this?

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Remove the wheel side bearing first,then clean the needle roller bearings with degreaser,blow dry with compressed air,when dry pack bearings with High Temp Bearing grease,smear some grease in the cavity of the hub(not too much),fit new wheel side bearing.Job done,happy days.:)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove the wheel side bearing first,then clean the needle roller bearings with degreaser,blow dry with compressed air,when dry pack bearings with High Temp Bearing grease,smear some grease in the cavity of the hub(not too much),fit new wheel side bearing.Job done,happy days.:)

Thanks mich. followed this pretty much to a tea...

Getting more confident doing stuff myself and enjoying it. Help from the amazing people on this forum is what makes it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts