MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy were behind a closed down grocery store messing around when he came down on a wheelie a little hard.

The "driver side" amber turn signal lense popped off.

It seems from the factory, they're overtightened, as I checked the ones on my rear fender that aren't used anymore, and sure enough, they're overtightened, and cracked. Luckily, the other front signal isn't, but i still backed the screw out a little.

How tight are they? Tight enough to where it cracks the plastic hole it goes into causing it to shear off. And tight enough to where you need PLIERS ON THE SCREWDRIVER TO LOOSEN THEM!

I just swapped the one from my "passenger side" rear fender. Both will work, but they have little drain holes, so it's the opposite side for the rear.

Just thought I'de give everybody a heads up to check you lenses, as they may just pop off/fall out. Kinda like the headlight glass does....only not nearly as $$$.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Are you sure the previous owner didn't over tighten them, maybe after changing the bulbs?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulbs have never been changed (you can see they're allthe OEM bulb with the little paint mark on them...why there's little paint marks...who the hell knows)....and it's HIGHLY unlikely that ALL FOUR would be tightened to the same extreme tightness. You can tell they've never been taken off.

Also, oddly enough, when I switched out the lenses, you HAVE TO USE THE SAME SCREW. So in my case, I couldn't just swap the lense, I had to also use the screw. it was wierd, cause even though they're the same screw/thread pitch, the screw that held on the front lense, wouldn't work on the rear lense, and neither did the rear screw on the front lense...so I had to take the same screw, and it threaded right in...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
They are probably self tapping screws, commonly used to secure plastic parts. The hole they go into would have been unthreaded, and the screw makes its own path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts