MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you guys, if you have a cnc racing tail tidy. Check it. Mine broke off on one side, looks like the metal had enough of it. Barely made it home, the other side won't survive much longer. Only 2500km's on it. :wtf:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Yup! Alas we experienced it live!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's the CNC racing one. The guys at Evolutionbike are currently on top of things. :yo:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CNC racing is producing a new tail tidy which is stronger and won't have the same problem. I hope it will be here in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Considering how my mates new 1090rr OEM tail snapped in the same manor with less than a 1000kms it shows there is quite a bit of pressure on that area for the engineers to take into consideration. My new tail tidy from Evotech http://www.evotech-performance.com looks like it could hold a horse so I worry not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My R&G tail tidy snapped of couple of days ago. I had just started from work, heading home. It made a terrible noise when bouncing up and down between the wheel and the rear mudguard. The wiring keeped it from falling of. The hugger prevented it from jamming in btw the tire and the swingarm luckely. I don't think it would had jammed the wheel, but could have cut the tire and forced me to stop on the ringroad in the rushhour.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
My R&G tail tidy snapped of couple of days ago. I had just started from work, heading home. It made a terrible noise when bouncing up and down between the wheel and the rear mudguard. The wiring keeped it from falling of. The hugger prevented it from jamming in btw the tire and the swingarm luckely. I don't think it would had jammed the wheel, but could have cut the tire and forced me to stop on the ringroad in the rushhour.

May I recommend you look at D3 Components? Seriously well built.

(Not affiliated in any way, just a big fan of their work. It's all been great in my experience)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, a 5 year old can see that's waiting for a disaster. What where they thinking when designing this.
That's probably designed this way to manufacture without welding. I would have reinforced it with a plate @90 degrees so it's not able to fibrate and bend at that point.

My new reinforced CNC racing tidy is to arrive this week.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Evotech get the good one.

Wow, so CNC and R&G both. Anyone have issues with evotech? I have one coming soon...
See my post on Evotech, built like a brick shit house, beautiful bit of kit, I will eat it if it snaps like those shoddy other ones.
But beware there are 2 different Evotech, this one is super cool http://www.evotech-performance.com
This one http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-b3-dragster-parts/mv-agusta-b3-tail-tidies/b3-evo-tail-tidy-detail
Looks fragile.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have the evotech performance one, as well as their crash protection bits, been on the bike for a year now, no signs of any problems :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the replacement part today. I'll mount it and see what happens but again it's just flawed by design. It's pretty strong in the length direction but it's not strong sideways. Fibrations will easily destroy the aluminium.

I wouldn't recommend the CNC racing tailtidy.
If this one failes again i'll ask for a refund and buy a different one.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow, i knew this was a shitty plateholder but this is not funny anymore. Had to wait four weeks on a part that doesn't fit. It's off by 4mm on a total length of 27mm. :laughing:

Who needs bolts, just ram it in place. :stickpoke
I'm really pissed right now.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See my post on Evotech, built like a brick shit house, beautiful bit of kit, I will eat it if it snaps like those shoddy other ones.
But beware there are 2 different Evotech, this one is super cool http://www.evotech-performance.com
This one http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-b3-dragster-parts/mv-agusta-b3-tail-tidies/b3-evo-tail-tidy-detail
Looks fragile.
I think i'm gonna have this one too. Read the installation manual and it's really well designed. Could have been a bit thinner and even than it would be undestructable.
Let's hope Evolutionbike sells these or are willing to refund. I'm not waiting ages for a piece of crap.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the weather is good i can ride again. It's been 4 weeks since the last time. I've currently fitted the crap CNC racing tidy and the EP is to arrive next week. Then i can ship the crap back to Italy and should get my money back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts