MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can pick up a cheap mid section pipe without smashing the original one which has the cat converter built in?

Ps : In Australia would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've upgraded to a 1000s today - the change over price was too good to resist!!!

Maybe go to an exhaust shop and get one made up. I bet there is alot of heat buildup at the cat converter!!!

Anyone want to join me for a group build/buy. I can't justify $800.00 for a small section of stainless steel pipe.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I got a mid pipe (with cat) off ebay for about £100 then a friend of mine removed the cat and welded up the pipe for a further £30. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I offer center exhaust manifolds to remove the cat for F4 1000 and Brutale made by XOP! If any further questions just check my site or send an email.
rgds
diego
btw. we built them since years, they fit perfect and are easy to install.

·
Registered
367 Posts
minime said:
I've upgraded to a 1000s today - the change over price was too good to resist!!!

Maybe go to an exhaust shop and get one made up. I bet there is alot of heat buildup at the cat converter!!!

Anyone want to join me for a group build/buy. I can't justify $800.00 for a small section of stainless steel pipe.
Wow congratulations.... :f4: :highclap:
Red/Grey?

Looks like its still $750 AUD from emoto.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My exhaust guy couldn't do a straight mid pipe so I just used an extension drill and drilled out the cat on the original! Throttle and engine response is so much better and I love the burble and louder exhaust note!!!

I still go for far too many rides just to listen to the sound and when I'm in a city street it makes the cops take a look! LOL!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep its the classic red/silver combo. I was up the Old road on saturday morning and decided to go ang get some Maccas breakfast. Stumble across Central coast motorcycles - didn't knew that they were that close. I was checking out the new SPR and left with a 1000s!!!

spacechumper said:
Wow congratulations.... :f4: :highclap:
Red/Grey?

Looks like its still $750 AUD from emoto.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have 2 cat mid pipes (both new, excess from previous upgrades) if you wish to do the mod John has done... send pm if you are interested, im in Brisbane.

·
Registered
579 Posts
considering

gazman said:
My exhaust guy couldn't do a straight mid pipe so I just used an extension drill and drilled out the cat on the original! Throttle and engine response is so much better and I love the burble and louder exhaust note!!!

I still go for far too many rides just to listen to the sound and when I'm in a city street it makes the cops take a look! LOL!
have you had any problems yet with the 'drill out' ??
tell me anything you may have noticed
Tanx

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It takes a good 1 hour or so of solid hammering to get rid of the cat.

No/Less HEAT against your ankles!!!! and the bike does not overheat!!

TreeMV said:
have you had any problems yet with the 'drill out' ??
tell me anything you may have noticed
Tanx

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Once the tempatures rise outside the bike will run leaner though and you'll need to change out the eprom/chip to get the fuel in-line(trust me).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts