MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my lambda sensor on my 2016 Turismo Veloce Lusso but have run into the usual problem of not wishing to pay dealer prices!

I've looked through loads of auto parts websites and am none the wiser which type may be suitable.

There are no marking at all on my sensor, although I can see it has a 14mm thread and the four pin plug by Delphi.

Has anyone found success with a cheaper equivalent sensor?

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
The normal narrow band O2 sensors are pretty generic. Only the plug and length of wiring varies. Pick one and give it a try. They all work on the same principal and signal. 4 wires are heated sensors (most common).

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I've now sourced a used sensor, but at least it'll have the right connector as it's from a similar MV.

Looking at the old one it must have taken a knock at some point as it's not straight, but slightly angled - any tips for removing it as it looks like there's not enough clearance with the engine when being removed?

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
I don't have a TV parts list, but on both the F3 and the B3 the sensor is located on the exhaust header where the three pipes come together. It may be beneficial to drop the exhaust header to access the lambda sensor...although that shouldn't be required as it is a normal maintenance item.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
They can be damaged by excessively rich mixture or physical damage. Normal failures are in the heating element, but it is a wear item (though few bikes get enough miles to see that).

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can get a replacement sensor, try your local Bosch dealer ?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just in case anyone reads this thread and has a similar problem.. in the USA the emissions system which includes the Lambda sensor is covered under warranty for 5 years or 30,000 kilometres. I just had mine fail and have one on the way under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts