MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... hope this is in the right spot for this. It seems to me like there is a wide range of experience on this forum. Some new guys and some not so new with lots of experience. I would like to have a thread where everyone can share easy tips and tricks learned from riding over the years. Stuff that the magazines won't teach/ sell you.

I have a few, I'll get started so at least it's not for nothing. :)

*Electrical Tape... this stuff needs to always be carried. You can get the type thats made for camping so it lays flat and can be put under your seat or in your tool bag for emergencies.
--- I always use it as a cheap visor early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Rip it off and stick along the top of your face shield to keep the sun out of your eyes.

* This thing!
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iEZClick-Remote-Control-Black/dp/B000HVHGI6
It's made for snowbording but is the best $30-$40 you can spend if you listen to headphones while riding. (and have an iPod or iPhone)
You plug in the little bluetooth chip to the bottom of your phone/ipod and strap the wireless remote to your wrist. You can hide your phone in your jacket and still have complete control of it. And it's weatherproof!

*Gas Station Gloves...
-- If your caught out in the cold (or wet) and have freezing hands you can stay a little warmer with dish washing gloves. Most gas stations carry these and depending on your gloves some can be worn inside as liners or in place of. They are also water proof and fairly wind-proof.

*Zip-ties ... I love these things and always carry a few and have a ton at the house. I have used them to fix a broken choke, hold on a muffler, replace a lost bolt, even hold cracked bodywork together. (none of which is needed on an MV) My dirt bike's rear fender has been held on by them for over a year!

*ok one more...
http://www.ideastage.com/The-Magic-Pill-Moist-Towel-Container-383682204
These things are little "pills" that can fit in a pocket but will expand into a wet towel when you add water. Really good for cleaning bugs off face shield on a long ride.

Anybody else got any - or any cheap gear you can't do without?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
some quite good ideas, glad they weren't actually riding tips as the title suggested, a very bad idea (in my opinion) to put little snippets of 'skill' information into a place where you are not really in touch with your audience :drummer:

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
Can't see any tips there either to improve my riding skills,but a few ideas for touring:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Riding tips

The best information I have seen in one place at one time is contained in Keith Code's books, "Twist of the Wrist 1 and 2, also "Soft Science of Road Racing" Keith Code is the man if you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I carry a bag of windex cleaning wipes in my jacket, I cant stand bug splatter all over my visor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
3" square of flat aluminium checker-plate.
You can't always park on concrete you know...

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
How about an energy bar and a small bottle of water...feed the machine, FEED it (Scottish Accent Implied).

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Get a bike...
My God that is sure a stunning bicycle Josh.................Clearly the GT version (Possibly the 'Raleigh' or even possibly the lesser known 'Brosen' which is in fact quite a good American replica of the world famous English 'Raleigh Tourer')

This model looks like its been fitted with the aerodynamic fully enclosed chain case, and the hi-tech rear stand and rear rack to carry your tent and other requirements .

The English Raleigh would have had brakes on the rear wheel too and also have sported the cable operated 3 speed 'Sturmey Archer' hub, it would have also opted for a powerful dynamo which would have operated directly off the front wheel and of course a fully sprung and all leather seat made by 'Brooks'.

Personally I really don't like the new fangled reflectors fitted to the front wheel however.

A true quintessential masterpiece of modern engineering and a dream to own.

Thanks for sharing.

:popcorn:​

1 - 13 of 13 Posts