MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a great ride on Saturday afternoon. Even thou temps were running in the upper 90's with 90% humidity the bike never got hotter than 210 in traffic and while riding hovered around 180'ish. Me on the other hand was boiling! I decided to get a Feher ACS-1 Helmet. My concern is can the charging/battery system handle having the helmet plugged in and also having a USB plug to keep my phone charged? From what I read the Helmet can run off a 3000mah battery for 2 hours so I am going to guess that the helmet will pull 1.5amp an hour? The Battery tender USB connection is rated at 5v/2.1amp. Will these two at the same time cause a problem? Don't want to fry anything when connecting them both but I had a 99 Shadow Aero 1100 with a 35 watt HID bulb, 35 watt dual highway lights and ran a Shark stereo with 4 speakers and never had a problem.
Thanks

·
Administrator
19,823 Posts
You will have no problem.... the MV charging system is fully capable of handling that small load.

It is a Denso automotive alternator.....

·
Super Moderator
22,325 Posts
It should be outing out a regulated 14.5 vdc at least.

·
Super Moderator
22,325 Posts
This is why the year of the bike is important (just another reason)

650 watt alternators across the line....(wait for it!)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Until 2010.....

3.jpg

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Thanks guys. I was more curious on Current/Amps.
Ignore the Amps, way harder to measure accurately
Key off, check battery voltage
Watch voltage drop when starting
Look at system voltage at idle, screw 5,000rpm

All done with a multimeter

If it's cranking slowly......load test the battery I use an old SnapOn YA-271 clip 2 clamps on and push the button
been around for ever get one on eBay $40-50
I have a clamp on Amprobe but rarely use it
1st the Fluke then the SnapOn :wink2:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts