MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 750 with the original textured gray color and was wondering if the newer "silver" looking pieces are painted or bare metal.

Additionally, If any of you guys have had yours painted, did you powder coat or just paint?

I'm debating on whether I buy the newer pieces and exchange them or have them refinished.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Big job for a small improvement, might be cheaper to put the money towards the 2010 model!

I would definitely get them refinished, if you are set on changing the finish!!!

·
King of Bling
9,824 Posts
Painting is the best option to go for, as powder coating is a lot more hassle and means stripping down the complete swinging arm.

I've had several Mag swinging arms painted in the past ( by Marvic) and they always come out superb.

Have a word with your local bike sprayer and see if he can come up with the colour your looking for.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I like the silver color on the 910R. Thought about doing it to my F4, but it seems like a big project.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
My 2008 910R is painted....

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's just paint... easy deal.

Good luck finding the Cagiva/MV color code though, and if you do good luck finding a paint store to mix it.

There's a Chevrolet Trim Color that's and exact match, although I can't remember what the code is right now. It's a semi-flat color.

You'll just have to go to the local Automotive Paint Supply store and go thru the color books. Get a good PPG Polyurethane mix and you'll be good to go.... Fuel/oil proof, etc.

Find a good painter to apply.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Some advice from a local painter:

1. You must use a good quality etch primer
2. A light spray of a high build two pack primer (this acts as a hardner)
3. Base coat (this is the colour of the item being painted)
4. Two coats of a 2 pack flattened (to reduce the gloss look) clear coat.

It's important to keep the coats pretty thin as you don't want to build up too much thickness to the part.

I'm not a painter so those instructions don't mean a whole lot to me but I'm assured any good painter will understand what that all means. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you're painting over the existing color there's no need to prime the parts, only if the parts are bare aluminum do they need primer.

You should be able to get the color in a single stage "semi flat" polyurethane from an Auto Body Paint Supply shop.

If you've never used industrial automotive paint before, it's best to give the parts to someone who has. Auto paint is a whole nother game!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts