MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going back up 2 teeth in the rear to the stock ratio. Just wondering anything I should look out for? I assume the clutch shaft slips right out. Lock washer on the front sprocket reusable? What size socket for frt nut? Thanks in advance.:)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Daryl

Are you changing front and rear ? If so, when you take clutch slave of, try to keep clutch push rod in the motor. The front sprocket socket is a 32mm or 1 1/4inch. I re-use the washer, but bend up a different part when I re-install it and add locktite again. That nut was so tight on my bike, I mean "rattle gun and heat" tight.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dons, yeah frt and rear, new chain. I have done this on my Yamaha a couple of times. I usually hit it good with a good 1/2 inch impact gun and it comes off ok. Got it on the clutch shaft. Thanks mate!!

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
impact wrench

have the bike in neutral with the wheel on the ground when using the impact wrench

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Noel, as to not hammer the transmission.

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
neutral?

correct Daryl;

same thing with the clutch hub nut, leave the clutch pack in there, with a leather glove on your left hand rest the side of your thumb on the top plate and press against the outside of the basket on the bottom and hit the impact wrench

and the rear wheel too, loop a tie down through the back wheel at the bottom and hook the ends to the peg mounts, if using a breaker bar,
if using an air wrench use an alloy MV socket and skip the strap

when tightening, watch the strap against the hugger:naughty:

i tighten the wheel from the left side, facing to the rear, i hold the socket on with my left hand and push down on the torque wrench with my right :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correct Daryl;

same thing with the clutch hub nut, leave the clutch pack in there, with a leather glove on your left hand rest the side of your thumb on the top plate and press against the outside of the basket on the bottom and hit the impact wrench

and the rear wheel too, loop a tie down through the back wheel at the bottom and hook the ends to the peg mounts, if using a breaker bar,
if using an air wrench use an alloy MV socket and skip the strap

when tightening, watch the strap against the hugger:naughty:

i tighten the wheel from the left side, facing to the rear, i hold the socket on with my left hand and push down on the torque wrench with my right :naughty::naughty:

Thats the kind of tips I am looking for!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts