MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just got my f3 800 and I'm thinking of switching to bigger tires . Would you guys know what's the best ( not necessarily the biggest)size upgrade we can fit ? Nobody has chaged theirs here since its relatively new . Help :stickpoke

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
Certainly will change handling....not necessarily for the better.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I did that last year - for several sets of tires - both Bridgestone R10 DOT and Dunlop slicks... Eventually I went back to 180/55 and the handling was so much better. The 190 made the bike feel "dulled down".

I've also gone back to Pireli SCII and that change was for the better too.

I've just ordered some 180/60 to test out.

Corran

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires

Hi guys , I'm planing to change tires and I was wondering if any of you would know what the maximum tire fit the f3 I was thinking of 190s . :stickpoke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys . The reason for changing them by the way is the bike has done a lot of laps on the track ( tracks here are short and requires a lot if flip flop) so it's scrubbed pretty good . Thanks for your replies

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
You should stay with original sizes for best handling characteristics. 190 would fit but the profile will not be optimum for your bike....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys , I'm planing to change tires and I was wondering if any of you would know what the maximum tire fit the f3 I was thinking of 190s . :stickpoke
Hi, I'm by no means a tyre guru but was curious to know your thinking behind increasing the size from the original 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73 W)?
Keen to know (and learn) more.
Cheers
G

·
Registered
305 Posts
I ran 190/55 rear on my F3 most of last year. Then in the fall switched back to 180/55 and it was a dramatic improvement - quicker side to side - all around felt livelier.

Corran

1 - 15 of 15 Posts