MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...i was looking for the service manual which used to be in the articles section. There are no manuals there anymore....anyone have the procedure written up with pics? I am thinking of ordering some Ferodo or EBC pads

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
All I can tell you is that it's dead easy to change the front pads. Remove the central locating pin and they should come straight out. Obviously you have to press the pistons back into the caliper housing to allow your new pads to slide in and then replace the locating pin. Torque setting is 10 Nm. I haven't changed the rears yet. :jsm:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice John......just wondering why the documentation was removed....i like reading directions first.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think its part of Alvin's revamp of the whole site. I'm sure it will be back in time, but just at the moment he's got that Ago to keep him busy :stickpoke :f4:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
before you take out the old pads....use a wide flat head screwdriver and use it wedge the pads apart to push the pistons back in...it may take a few times on each side but it's better to do that before you put your new brakes in. :f4:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Djester said:
before you take out the old pads....use a wide flat head screwdriver and use it wedge the pads apart to push the pistons back in...it may take a few times on each side but it's better to do that before you put your new brakes in. :f4:

Needle nose pliers often work better on the MV calipers for me but make sure your fluid is not completely topped up (overfilled).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Loosen the pin while the calipers are still tight. I know of at least one person who has stripped the pin. Take note of which bolts come from which hole, they are not the same length if I remember right, as well.

Don't know about knocking the pads back before removing the calipers... A trick that a guy that used to hang around here would do is just pull the caliper out a little bit, say, halfway off the disc, and just twist it sideways to knock the pads back. That is pretty non-destructive.

I use the flex hone from braketech to resurface the rotors. Works pretty good until they glaze over again. If you've got the stainless rotors, they aren't the greatest.

+1 on making sure the reservoir isn't overfilled. If it is, it can squirt fluid out which will damage everything it touches. Best to have it halfway or lower while working on it, and probably not even to the top for riding (in case you have air in it and it expands).

I've had good results with Vesrah pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts