MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

2008 F4 312R - used on track only

I have noticed this over the last few oil changes ... is this normal..

I have noticed the gear box getting a bit tight to change gear with hand over the last few years, but no issues when riding - no drop outs etc - have a few false nuetrals due to q/shifter - but no noises comeing from gearbox etc

If i want to remove the cassette gearbox to check for wear and tear - do i have to remove the clutch/basket layshaft etc ??

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats not an issue if track. Usual wear and tear
Great news then...

bike has about 6k miles on it, and been used for fast track days for last 6 years - so it gets a hammering ..

If i wanted to take gerabox out to check , do i have to disasemble the clutch as well , or does the gerabox layshaft and selector drum just come out - leaving the clutch layshaft still in there ??

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Great news then...

bike has about 6k miles on it, and been used for fast track days for last 6 years - so it gets a hammering ..

If i wanted to take gerabox out to check , do i have to disasemble the clutch as well , or does the gerabox layshaft and selector drum just come out - leaving the clutch layshaft still in there ??
Yes the clutch must be removed. It's attached to the other end of the gearbox.

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Hi guys

2008 F4 312R - used on track only

I have noticed this over the last few oil changes ... is this normal..

I have noticed the gear box getting a bit tight to change gear with hand over the last few years, but no issues when riding - no drop outs etc - have a few false nuetrals due to q/shifter - but no noises comeing from gearbox etc

If i want to remove the cassette gearbox to check for wear and tear - do i have to remove the clutch/basket layshaft etc ??
Normal.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

disagree......

fuzz is too big, all I get is dust ......3-5% of that

I don't use the clutch 95% of the time.... where are the long pieces coming from? think

about it

I literally have a 1mm round fuzz on the corner of the magnet......less at every oil change......31,000mi

:popcorn:

·
Registered
465 Posts
What oil filter do you run? If your hard on the bike or race it frequently, I'd change the synthetic oil a little more often.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That's much more than I have ever seen on the Brute or the F4, like Knurl said you have some long pieces there and must have come from somewhere, I have only ever seen dust. I have had a box out a few years back and its simple enough just need a clutch basket retailing tool (stops it spinning) and the manual. Let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
The long looking pieces are probably magnetically collected very little pieces displayed along the lines of magnetic flux.

Spud, if you still have the collected "stuff", put it between your fingers and roll it around...are they actually big chunks, or does it disappear into a paste-like, or paint-like mess?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts