MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started working on wiring in my HID today... I learned a few things. I got everything working including the solenoid that makes the bi-xenon projector go from high to low beam. In order to get this to work I had to modify the handlebar switch a bit. I wanted the high/low beam button to work just like the flash to pass trigger did. In other words... when you pull the flash to pass trigger the low beam stays on. If you push the high/low beam button it turns off the low beam (always hated that).

In about 5 minutes you can modify your high/low beam switch so that low beam is always on and if you turn on high beam, you will have both high and low beam.

All you have to do is cut the black wire and solder it onto the same location as the red and green wire... done!

Without doing this when I would press the high/low beam button my relay would not get the feed it needs and it would shut the HID off. Now it stays on all the time and just the solenoid flips. Kinda hard to explain. Here are some pics so far:

I am just doing the wiring part right now so pay no attention to the safety wire supporting the projector... hahaha.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great note on the wire jump for dual lights! I did this project a while back on the old 750 Brutie, but just used some drop-in bulbs like most other guys. Looks like you're using a whole new light assembly? Curious what brand/model that is... or am I nuts?!

- J.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) I wish I had figured out the dual headlights thing a long time ago.. its so much brighter with the high and low on.

You are correct I no longer have the stock headlight. I have a Brutale challege upper that i am fiberglassing a hole in to accept this bi-xenon projector. I have it wired up and its ready to go! I need to finish the fiberglass work and make a bracket that will support the new projector. This headlight is SOOOO bright. 4300K HID. Its no comparison to stock. It lights up my entire garage! More pics to come soon and it will make more sense :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. If you do the mod and press the red button to turn on your high beam... the low will still stay on. Just like when you pull the trigger flash to pass button.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey spidi, did you end up with two lamps from the purchase? I might be willing to take on off your hands!

- J.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Uber I just bought one... Well I still have an Acura TL lamp projector but that is way too big to fit on the Brutale... I think it am going to put it into my Tacoma :)

The Retrofit source will sell you them single. I bought a wiring harness, projector, bulb and ballast from them for $140. And they gave me a free shroud.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Cool, looking forward to the next stages. Keep us posted as thinking of doing a similar conversion on my 1078. Useful info on the wiring by the way.

Plenty of pictures please!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup saw that :) I will take pics of all the steps I do. I was gonna work on it tomorrow but it does not look like I can. I have to help a buddy put his RC51 together from a crash last fall. Thanks for your interest and replies it motivates me to get it done faster!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I started working on wiring in my HID today... I learned a few things. I got everything working including the solenoid that makes the bi-xenon projector go from high to low beam. In order to get this to work I had to modify the handlebar switch a bit. I wanted the high/low beam button to work just like the flash to pass trigger did. In other words... when you pull the flash to pass trigger the low beam stays on. If you push the high/low beam button it turns off the low beam (always hated that).

In about 5 minutes you can modify your high/low beam switch so that low beam is always on and if you turn on high beam, you will have both high and low beam.

All you have to do is cut the black wire and solder it onto the same location as the red and green wire... done!

Without doing this when I would press the high/low beam button my relay would not get the feed it needs and it would shut the HID off. Now it stays on all the time and just the solenoid flips. Kinda hard to explain. Here are some pics so far:

I am just doing the wiring part right now so pay no attention to the safety wire supporting the projector... hahaha.
Hi Guys,

Had to bring this thread back to life i'm afraid.

I did this mod on my 08 F4.. BUT it didn't work. I re-soldered the black wire to the red/gren wire as per thread (the pic show's the black wire with the white, unless my eyes are decieving me??)

Can anyone confirm where I should solder the black wire please.

At least I can then look at other areas that may be causing the issue.

Tnank you all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just tried this mod myself today. It does not matter if I disconnect the black wire or soder it to the green/red wire I don't see what th black wire does at all. just reconnected to it's original position...

/Magnus

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I apologize everyone! I thought I had this working correctly but I did not. If you tried this, just solder it back to factory and allow me to buy you a beer ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P.S. This modification is finally done other than I am having a few issue's with electrical... Right side blinkers do not work and headlight works but the high/low voltages on the plug are not changing. I will post up the pics when its all done. Looks really good I just need to get these issue's figured out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts