MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is 20 mm of play at the measuring point unsafe? That's where mine is, I did not previously check it. What is static trim value?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Is the distance from the axis point of the chain to the guard supposed to be 6mm with the chain at rest , or 6 mm total movement of the chain when moving the chain up and down from its lowest to highest position.

·
Vendor
5,641 Posts
Want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Is the distance from the axis point of the chain to the guard supposed to be 6mm with the chain at rest , or 6 mm total movement of the chain when moving the chain up and down from its lowest to highest position.
No don't move the chain up and down.As the manual says put the bike on a rear stand,turn the wheel to find the tightest part of the chain,then measure from the bottom of the guard to a rivet on the chain @6mm.
PS-Bike at a free state,no weight on the bike.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No don't move the chain up and down.As the manual says put the bike on a rear stand,turn the wheel to find the tightest part of the chain,then measure from the bottom of the guard to a rivet on the chain @6mm.
PS-Bike at a free state,no weight on the bike.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts