MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I own a Brutale 750s and I am thinking to change my chain,
Does anyone have any chain Kit with sprockets included to suggest?

Thanks for your time

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Have a look at the GP Racing website (site sponsor).There is a new site sponsor called the Sprocket Centre but there is no link provided for the website as yet.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Yes I did thank you very much
It's always a pleasure to do business with you
:)
Cool, tell me Frank, do you still have the original style sprocket ? On the later bikes the sprocket can be replaced separate from the carrier, but on the older bikes like the 750's you had to buy the whole lot. I remember you upgraded hub, did you upgrade the rest also ? Look at the pics and let us know.

In the first picture is the original 750 sprocket, in the other pic on the right of the pic you will see the later MV carrier. SMS me a pic of yours if you struggle to upload to the forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Urgh

Okay Frank, you have the original sprocket set, contact Al at Design Corse, he should be able to help. The best option is to convert to the later carrier set. I'll give you a shout tomorrow if you'd like. I'm about to watch yesterday's MotoGP. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it has still the original one, i didn't do any changes when i upgrade the hub.
Donsy do u remember when i asked you any suggestions for cosmetic upgrades
My bike was red color as the profile photo i have
now its like that :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I really like your color scheme Frank !!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You can buy the original style rear sprockets from some Italian company, I can't remember the name off the top of my head....

The other thing is the rear sprocket doesn't seem to wear so you could just change the chain and front sprocket. I would do this only if you can check the rear sprocket isn't worn though or you will ruin the new chain pretty quickly.

How many km has the chain etc done ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure but I have the chain the last 2 years for sure !!!
And I ride almost daily

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I doubt it'll need replacing unless you've done at least 24000km on it. I used to get over 30000 on my 750 before they needed replacing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe is still the original one, the bike is preowned so
I don't know if they ever changed it. The bike has 33000 km
The reason that I want to change it is because the chain does a
funny noise when I am riding and especially from 0-50 km/h
sounds like a link has been tighten up and has no flexibility
anymore, the chain jumps up and down

·
Registered
934 Posts
The other thing is the rear sprocket doesn't seem to wear so you could just change the chain and front sprocket. I would do this only if you can check the rear sprocket isn't worn though or you will ruin the new chain pretty quickly.
How many km has the chain etc done ?
I did this at 8,000 miles on my F4 750, some people said it's not a good idea, others you can get away with it.

My rear sprocket was ok, and now I have done 7,500 miles on it, and the rear sprocket and chain are still both good, no rounding on the rear sprocket, plenty of meat on the teeth. The chain was an expensive gold anodized D.I.D.
I did it because I think the gold chain looks good with my chromed rear sprocket carrier plate. I didn't want to change the whole unit, didn't like the colours, and it would of being expensive. Some day I will be forced to change the rear sprocket though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Maybe is still the original one, the bike is preowned so
I don't know if they ever changed it. The bike has 33000 km
The reason that I want to change it is because the chain does a
funny noise when I am riding and especially from 0-50 km/h
sounds like a link has been tighten up and has no flexibility
anymore, the chain jumps up and down
OK then yes you do want to replace the chain.

This isn't the one I was thinking of but these guys have the original style rear sprockets :

http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/street-sprocket-applications/mv-agusta/750s-brutale-2004-2005.html

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
?

Frank;
do you have the early style rear sprocket where the cush drive rubbers are in the sprocket or the later style where the rubbers are in the carrier?

the early style sprocket are stupid expensive......

you might want to change to the later style carrier and be able to run flat (cheap) sprockets....its a one time expense buying a carrier vs the ~$150 for the early style sprocket every time

:drummer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i have the original one Knurl
but the thing is why should i change to a new later one?
when will be the next time i will need a new sprocket again after 30000km?
its no worth it i reckon and on the other side the quick change sprocket kit costs me around $230 without the shipping cost.
a new sprocket costs me arround $100 without shipping.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts