MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i know the forum is full of these threads, but my case is a bit special...

I wanted to check tension on the chain of my 910S, however my bike has an aftermarket mudguard in carbon fibre which does not seem to have the "low hanging" part which the original guard has. i don't need to draw a figure that this is quite impractical to measure the chain tension or adjust it.

is there any other way to properly check chain tension ?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
On the later bikes you measure from the swingarm to the chain centre so you should be able to do the same if you know the measurement.... I'll try and get a measurement for you this evening when I get home of my 910.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
50mm from the swing arm to the bottom of the plastic bit. Make sure not from the rubber/plastic chain guard but actually the metal of the swing arm.

·
Administrator
19,538 Posts
Another, slightly more difficult, method would be to compress the rear suspension until the line from the center of the transmission drive axle to the center of the rear wheel axle intersects the center of the swing arm pivot. This will be the tightest point in the chain during suspension movement. You should have just a tiny bit of slack at that point, tight but not under tension.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
50mm from the swing arm to the bottom of the plastic bit. Make sure not from the rubber/plastic chain guard but actually the metal of the swing arm.
So basically that would mean the center of my chain link at the tightest point should be 59mm from the bottom of the swingarm?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The clearance “h” between the axis of symmetry of the
chain and the chain cover should be equal to the following
values as shown in the figure.
BRUTALE 750 ORO - 750 S (MY 03): h = 6 mm
BRUTALE 750 S (MY 04): h = 11 mm
BRUTALE 910 S (MY 05): h = 9 mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts