MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need to adjust the tension of my chain on my 2001 F4 750 for the first time.

Is it the tool numbered 92854 which I need to use?

If not, I'm screwed and don't have the right tool!

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
14,496 Posts

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
torque/

Rich;
be sure to use a torque wrench on the pinch bolts......the spec is 28-32Nm......read the Mitchy's new hub thread......

I have 2 of Mitch's hubs and i use less than the Factory spec'd torque, the hubs are bulletproof:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know the size of the heads on the rear wheel hub?

I don't have a allen key head large enough.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the heads on the rear wheel hub?

I don't have a allen key head large enough.

Rich
10mm Allen key, and make sure you get the chain tension right, rather too slack than too tight and don't overtighten the pinch bolts. Download the manual here for free http://my.agusta.us/ .

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Instead of hustling up a C spanner you can tap the notches on the adjuster with a piece of hardwood. Works just as well. Don't use friggin metal, not even brass or you'll goober the notches.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Looks a bit under if anything.

I have a spare oe tool kit if you need.

You also need to take your bike to a man who knows how to use an " easy out " type gismo to remove the snapped bolt. Or, get the man to the bike...

Its possible you missed the click and kept torqueing and sheared it...or it could have been a defective bolt..It would take a bit of an armful to shear that bolt tho.. :/

Hope you haven't overcooked it or you could have crushed the double row bearing...

joe

joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's serious stuff...
Correct me if I am wrong but that's an m12 bolt and should be able to take a lot more torque than that before it snaps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts